860 rocks

rktekxrs

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to Ken at Specialty Sleds, I was unsure to put out the cash for the 860 kit for my 2007 XRS, but riding this new torque monster is truly a treat. It truly goes where 09 xp's won't. Money well spent. :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think specialty uses rk tech? which includes a head, porting, bore. (860 only works on the new monoblocks)

but pretty much everyone loves these..

not to start chit but they are getting just as fast as the pump gas turbos. running low boost.

they were out testing them against the pump gassers a few weeks ago.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure these 860's work good, but aren't they like 175hp. A pumpgas 2 stroke turbo must be around 200hp. I just don't get it. As far as 4 stroke, if I run my Nytro turbo on pumpgas, it is around 240hp and runs really strong. I only know one guy with one of these 860's, he says it is 14.5:1 and runs straight race fuel. :confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a pump gas 2 stroke wil never be 200hp like claimed at elevation.

im talking on low boost dont forget 4-6lbs pure PUMP GAS

anything above that im sure isnt even close anymore.

not to mention an 860 sled might be 100lbs lighter aswell.

i know kelcy from RKtek and some pg TURBO guys had a shhoot out and the results were suprising.

not everyone is running the 860s on staraight race fuel. usualy just a bit of mix to be safe

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to Ken at Specialty Sleds, I was unsure to put out the cash for the 860 kit for my 2007 XRS, but riding this new torque monster is truly a treat. It truly goes where 09 xp's won't. Money well spent. :)

A stock 07 will go where 09s cant.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I would like some more details like the HP on the 860 & what kind of fuel you are running also can you run the big bore like a stock sled in the fields also is it a pain in the a$$ to keep them running
For the turbo 2 stroke guys how much boost To make the 200 HP & what kind of fuel how much money & how much work to keep it running
I am tring to find out wich way is the best way to go
Also i would like rough cost for the turbo kit installed & ready to go & the 860 install & ready to go
Does any one know much about the 990 crank shop big bore aswell
Thanks any info would be great
NOTE ny sled isn't off worrenty till next fall i will not be doing anything till after that time so i wont to do the research ahead of time

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like some more details like the HP on the 860 & what kind of fuel you are running also can you run the big bore like a stock sled in the fields also is it a pain in the a$$ to keep them running
For the turbo 2 stroke guys how much boost To make the 200 HP & what kind of fuel how much money & how much work to keep it running
I am tring to find out wich way is the best way to go
Also i would like rough cost for the turbo kit installed & ready to go & the 860 install & ready to go
Does any one know much about the 990 crank shop big bore aswell
Thanks any info would be great
NOTE ny sled isn't off worrenty till next fall i will not be doing anything till after that time so i wont to do the research ahead of time

860 kit would be about about $2000 for the kit and I think around $500-$800 for install, someone will answer for sure, HP is about a 25-30HP gain so on the 800r ya would be about 175ish, I think most people use some race fuel

the turbo I would pass on the pump gas for that kind of money, turbo is $6000-$6500 plus around $1000 install and it takes some time to tune it, on my M8 at 12lbs boost most would say 225HP-240HP the way mine is set up, if I get to DYNO it I will post actual #s, my sled weighs approx 460lbs so the weight makes that HP much nicer, running strait 112 race fuel. there would be a few other things needed like clutching so really your looking $8000...

just DOO it man,
I had a 2007 Rev 800r with engine-tech head and v force reeds and MBRP can, it gave it a little more GO for only $1000 ish and very reliable heres the site and the big bore is there as well, RK tech is very popular as well.

rktekxrs

Reaction score
The kit with labour was about three grand. (head, cylinders c/w porting, must provide stock cylinders for exchange, pistons, clutching, V-Force reeds and recurve ECM).I previously had a single creamic coated aaen pipe which seems to work very will with the kit,(had to add more weight to clutch over the std 860 set up, that Ken supplies) even though I do not have exact dyno numbers I am confident it is about 180ish with the pipe, at lower elevation. I use about two gallons of C111 per tank, just for insurance. good fuel never hurts.
It is night and day compaired to stock, and besides my choice of C111, it is pull the cord and go. Of course pulling the cord is now a large tug. I had the opertunity to climb with a 09 m8 turbo, and he edged me out by about 15 ft on a sweet hill, but he could'nt even come close playing in the pow down in the tree's. I'll give up 15' any day VS giving up boondocking!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like alot of money for very little hp gain well then i could be wrong :) i just recall when i had my 2 strokers the more u messed with them the less they ran with lots and lots of problems :rolleyes:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like alot of money for very little hp gain well then i could be wrong :) i just recall when i had my 2 strokers the more u messed with them the less they ran with lots and lots of problems :rolleyes:

must have had people working on your stuff who didn't know what they were doing. 30 hp for $3000 is not that bad of a deal. problem is most of these 860's only dyno about 10 -15hp more than stock.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah your right specialty sleds work on it never never again man i got screwed darren at E&S is the only person that works on my boosted nytro the best in the business hands down:d

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info i would have to think that some clutching would have to be done how does the best job at that
NOTE i do not wont a sled that i have to work on all the time i have seven of them
1972 250 T elan with a 1975 300 ss ported polished track turn around & clutched high also with a m 30 carb it rip's for a little sled kids use to ride it
1980 250 singel stock great sled kids sled son's old sled
1992 500 polaris 133.5 1.5'' doughters stock
1997 440 fan skidoo son's stock
2001 700 high mark 151 x 2'' piped & jetted it work well my secound sled
2004 800 RMK edge 151 x 2'' stock wifes sled
2008 800 xpx 154 x 2.25'' mbrp can some little things done & more to come
Again thanks for the info

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I would also like to know if thw sled still run's on the DPM once you do the big bore
Also is the clutching in the price with the big bore kit
Also how much to you have to play with the motor to make it run good or is ready to out of the shop
any info would be great

Top Bottom