850xp won't start

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, last weekend I pulled the quad in the garage to replace the tirods as well as the rear bearings and bushing. Finished puting it all together last night and all pumped to go for a rip and it won't start. Lights come on instrument cluster lights up but won't turn over. I tried switching relays, boosting it, still nothing. Any suggestions?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it, last weekend I pulled the quad in the garage to replace the tirods as well as the rear bearings and bushing. Finished puting it all together last night and all pumped to go for a rip and it won't start. Lights come on instrument cluster lights up but won't turn over. I tried switching relays, boosting it, still nothing. Any suggestions?

That's what mine did and it was the starter..Parked it after a ride, went back 10 minutes later and the staerter was shot..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

What about battery, solenoid ??

Just by a real quad right ray ???

One that starts everytime

sent from my htc

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa.

What about battery, solenoid ??

Just by a real quad right ray ???

One that starts everytime

sent from my htc

you a funny guy..starter and solenoid are all one.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I traced it back to the starter. I'll take it in tomorrow and test it just to make sure. Thanks arff!!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rebuilt the starter and still no go, and I forgot to mention that as soon as you hit the ignition it was like a relay tripped and had absolutely no power to anything. tried last night with the starter disconnected, ignition on, it powered up. I hit the brake and lost all power again for a few minutes till something reset. Going to take the battery in this morning to get tested.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
stupid question, but have you checked all the fuses?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuses were the first thing I checked. Ended up picking up a new battery this morning so we'll see tomorrow when I put it in.

tool_man

Reaction score
fuses were the first thing I checked. Ended up picking up a new battery this morning so we'll see tomorrow when I put it in.

You riding this weekend if ya getter going?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possibly Tim. I'll put the new battery in tonight or tomorrow then I wouldn't mind. You?

Top Bottom