850xp belt issues.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I blew a belt last weekend, no big deal, I cleaned it out ( so I thought) and installed the new one. went for a ride and moments later I here banging. pulled the cover off again and more chunks. So I ran it on a stand reving it and a couple more chunks fly out. continued for a bit and it seemed like it was all clear. went for another rip, and more banging starts. pulled the cover off again and there were a couple more chunks. put it on the stand and ran it again, and a few more chunks flew out. Inspected my new belt to make sure it wasn't it falling apart but it was fine.
Anyone know where these chunks would be coming from?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most likely there inside your spider on your drive clutch take belt off and rev motor just enough to engage do not over rev and see if any chunks fly out you might have to remove cover to do a good cleaning

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of times they get caught between the 2 halves of the secondary clutch. Got to pull the clutch off and pull it apart.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up date. If anyone has the same problem try checking the Air intake. turned out thats where they were all coming from.

Top Bottom