800 ski doo motor into a Kodiak 4x4 Quad

loose cannon

Reaction score
i teased my buddy a little too much. he dropped off his 2002 ski doo 800 sled and 2002 Kodiak 400 4x4 Quad (both running perfect)into a specialty shop yesterday to fit 800 sled motor into his quad. does anyone know of a 4x4 quad with a 2 stroke sled motor?any pitchers? if it works i will be putting in a bigger, bader, louder sled motor in my Brute Force.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i dont know.. would have to be geared low and cooled a lot somehow. guess we'll find out!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine here put a 583 Rotax in a Scrambler. Had to eliminate the front wheel drive because of clearance issues on the pipe. Not one person to date has been able to ride it through the whole duration of the power band, keeps bucking over backwards.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how are you going to make a transfer case ? sleds only got one output

800 would be some awsome power though
you see the rhino with a 1000 r1 motor on youtube

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be fun but if you remember the old Honda oddyseys, mud and belts and clutch don't make a good match. If you cover them they heat up! Also to get 4x4 would be a challenge, you'd need some kind of transfer case... I'd like to see some pictures!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
what about the quads that have a cvt tranny, thats how you put sled engines in rhino, i did lots of looking on those, just got to get your clutches set right and allinged and then cutstom pipes

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but isnt the tranny and drive shaft that goes to the front for 4x4 all connected to the engine in the same casting or are they seperate?

amcf18

Reaction score
Found this on youtube, sounds sweet, but I think you better have friends at a tire shop!!
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR2Idyb04YQ&feature=related[/media]

Top Bottom