800 etec

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the sled and i was very impressed with tourque, it seems to go on forever. The sales department is great and i thank them again for the oppurtunity to ride the sled. hats off to them.
However................ the phone call he took about another sale right as i was going to put my 500 bucks down for a snowcheck was a bit rude. No hard feelings but i found it a bit ballzy to even pull out the blue book lean back in his chair and talk about a tradein . So all that really did was make me grab my coffee mug and get in my truck and drive straight to martin. but thanks again for the sled demo, im convinced this sled will open alot of eyes

Does any body have a real price for the snowcheck models and if the e-tec will be offered in the full line or only a x model.

I need a new sled jacket anyway.. lol
m8 for sale ...lol

Ecko never really had much in the "table manner dept", bought some stuff from them a while back and it felt like they were doing me a favour. They could certainly use a big slice of humble pie.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would advise doing your research on the e-tec from when they introduced the technology to the outboard motor sector. Lot's of problems for a couple of years, hopefully they don't have a rerun in the sled sector. If these things perform as good as the outboards without the problems they will be kick ass machines. Now if only they weren't from Quebec I would consider buying one.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like it goes, as said these engines are good in the boat division, the bad thing the sled will prob. sell for 1/2 the price of a house. Boy we sure get ripped for these sleds, maybe every body will buy in the States.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Girlfriend bought a new 600 etec last spring and it is a great sled. Pulls real hard for a 600 uses way less fuel than my 800 and I just topped up the oil for the first time in Revy at MM3. She likes her sled I like her sled but she rides it like a GIRL.
This 800 etec has a few more ponnies but the real story is that it will be spot on running ALL the time. Warm,cold high elevation or not it will run consistant over a broader range. I bet fuel savings on average will be a nice improvement and oil as well.Is it enough to go out and trade in your 09? I think not but if you are in the market for a new sled then Yes for sure. The 600 has had no issues or updates needed yet.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will they even be allowed to sell that sled in 2012? I don't pay too much attention to the epa stuff anymore as I have a 4 stroke.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sly some of the 4 strokes dont even meet 2012 EPA requirements. DOO wouldn`t be putting it out if they were not going to get years of use out of that engine tecknology.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will they even be allowed to sell that sled in 2012? I don't pay too much attention to the epa stuff anymore as I have a 4 stroke.

Supposed to have lower emmissions than a lot of four strokes.....what do you guys do with all of your dirty oil and do you have filters for the dump?????JS:cool: And yes Glen that 600 does have good power with about 500KM to a litre of oil. Impressive

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hmmmmmmmm, impressive to say the least........ 171kph = 106.2543mph .... Looks like a new lake racer champion has risen........ Is the etec 800 coming in the summit line too for 2011???

ECKO

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I rode the sled and i was very impressed with tourque, it seems to go on forever. The sales department is great and i thank them again for the oppurtunity to ride the sled. hats off to them.
However................ the phone call he took about another sale right as i was going to put my 500 bucks down for a snowcheck was a bit rude. No hard feelings but i found it a bit ballzy to even pull out the blue book lean back in his chair and talk about a tradein . So all that really did was make me grab my coffee mug and get in my truck and drive straight to martin. but thanks again for the sled demo, im convinced this sled will open alot of eyes

Does any body have a real price for the snowcheck models and if the e-tec will be offered in the full line or only a x model.

I need a new sled jacket anyway.. lol
m8 for sale ...lol
Russ I'm glad you were impressed with the 800 Etec. I'm sorry to hear about your experience that you had in the showroom. We welcome your feed back in order to
improve our customer service. If you need to discuss this further I would welcome your call.
Rob - 780.924.3255

ECKO

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, impressive to say the least........ 171kph = 106.2543mph .... Looks like a new lake racer champion has risen........ Is the etec 800 coming in the summit line too for 2011???
Yes I'm sure it will be coming in a long track version. Ski-doo dealer meeting will be held later this month at which time we will know all the details, models, and pricing. Hold on
another couple of weeks and can provide you with more info at the time. Thanks.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob - 780.924.3255

Is this the new thing now to put . instead of this - for a phone #:confused_pr::wtf1:

ECKO

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Sorry blast off, I'm a little slow on the draw this morning. Been using the. instead of the - for years. Just habit I guess.........

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry blast off, I'm a little slow on the draw this morning. Been using the. instead of the - for years. Just habit I guess.........

I think it is the younger generation doing this, some times us older dudes are not up to adapting for changes. But any hows I like the new sled:beer:

ECKO

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
The plan is to bring it to the races - we are breaking it in still. Thanks for the offer to drive, but we have several staff that want to race it.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Dootalk they are saying 159hp out of the 800etec. I know where my money will be spent next fall.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Dootalk they are saying 159hp out of the 800etec. I know where my money will be spent next fall.

yah there is a break in sequence......its held back and produces about 154hp via rev control and other things and then after the break in period it puts out full 159hp

ill just say my dad HATES ski-doo.....and HATES the xp look.....but at the potash mine there is magazines everywhere and hes like i hate to say it but i really like the sounds of this new e-tec. if polaris cant match reliability, power, and fuel/oil economy in the next year or two i think we will both be driving a different color. weather its a cat or a doo.....i just wish they would give the M series a updated look and i would trade my rmk for a M8.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope to ride one next week in the hills. looks good so far and I am for sure in the market for a new sled as mine still has no motor in it and almost 14,000 km on it. time for a new one.

Top Bottom