800 Etec on BRP Website

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Not sure when they unveiled it but just checked out BRP's website and it's there!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It may not be how much horsepower but how well that horsepower works. My girlfriends 600 is awsome. Uses little fuel and oil runs and starts great no hesitetion pulls real hard easy on fuel and oil. 600 km on it and I have yet to add oil. Just wait and see.
Dont know how the aftermarket boys will like the motor. Maybe a little tricky to modify. How much will those injectors flow?

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had tons of problems when they introduced the E-Tec engine in their outboards, it took several years to get them to run right and not burn down all the time. I would let these engines prove themselves for a year or two before buying one, when they are dialled in though they will be tough to beat. This technology is cutting edge and I'm sure the HP will be considerably higher before too long.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had tons of problems when they introduced the E-Tec engine in their outboards, it took several years to get them to run right and not burn down all the time. I would let these engines prove themselves for a year or two before buying one, when they are dialled in though they will be tough to beat. This technology is cutting edge and I'm sure the HP will be considerably higher before too long.

tough to beat in what? oil consumption?

if you ride hundreds of miles of trails i guess thast cool...

if your into efficiency i guess its tough to beat....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured that it would be out for the 2011 line up. Release a new motor option for 2011, get the bugs figured out, then stick it in a new chassis for 2012. (just like 07 800R's, then 08's XP) Then in 2013 they might have figured that chassis out and it might be worth buying! Or I will have bought a new HCR M8 by then. :d

Top Bottom