800 E-Tec Turbo Systems

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good brad

seams to spool up quick, be nice to have one up here to ride, then we could compare

but i noticed a few things, suspension was real soft, allowing it to whellie more than it should of, i think the 880bb might of gave it a run for its money

not sure where the video was shot, but up here in the cdn rockies, tree line is around the 7500 feet, and i see lots of trees in that video

what hp do you think its making at 6lbs, i think the 880bb is around the 180hp, and is the cost around the 5grand??

send more videos, or let me try a kit out, thanks... i will buy if impressed with power and clutching combo

Reaction score
looks good brad

seams to spool up quick, be nice to have one up here to ride, then we could compare

but i noticed a few things, suspension was real soft, allowing it to whellie more than it should of, i think the 880bb might of gave it a run for its money

not sure where the video was shot, but up here in the cdn rockies, tree line is around the 7500 feet, and i see lots of trees in that video

what hp do you think its making at 6lbs, i think the 880bb is around the 180hp, and is the cost around the 5grand??

send more videos, or let me try a kit out, thanks... i will buy if impressed with power and clutching combo

This testing was done in Wy on the Snowies at 10,500+
Suspension is not real soft as I am close to 300lbs and the second guy in the video is 240ish. I will be putting some ZBROZ stuff on it soon to help.
Dyno testing was all done at 7psi and made 240hp even at 6psi I would estimate 231hp.
Cost is $5650 and we have already sold out once so we made a few more that we should ship early January.
We will get more video out soon. It is just hard to find the guy that wants to video instead of riding.

Thanks for the questions.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the sweetest vid ive seen. Did you try turning the boost up a bit? or did you find that this was the only way they work?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good brad

The further south you go the higher the treeline is.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the last week i have seen yours brad and trask turbo kits on video. i am looking to purchase a few

15 years ago when i last had a areo charger on my 670rotax, it was making just shy of 200hp at 12lbs ... it ran ok, but running bad fuel became costly, and cost a few turbos

i also remember rolling it more than a few times when climbing in extreme areas, and letting off for some reason and not having the stock tq to light the turbo and stalling it in the ulgyest of spots, we also had a few extra pipes because exhaust pressures were cracking them

clutching, clutching, and clutching were the biggest issues we had, since we were dealing with two hps, 100hp stock and 200hp under boost

we also found out that on long wot pulls the engine overheated, we think the cooling system was not able to disperse that much extra heat

have all these issues been tested and proven to work with your setup or is this another trial and error on the consumers back

thanks fred

Reaction score
Pretty much the sweetest vid ive seen. Did you try turning the boost up a bit? or did you find that this was the only way they work?

I did not go with the guys testing last weekend and I asked them "why didn't you turn it up?" The main reason is at 7psi we are making 240hp and it is at this level the race team will be running so all of our testing at this point has been focused around supporting their effort. As you can see the sled is very fast at the current level and we believe most people will be running 6-8psi. We have still been doing a lot of clutching and set work at these levels to give the very best performance possible and everything we learn still applies when we turn it up. We do believe 12psi will be the highest we will want to run and most should stay at 10psi for maximum durability of the engine.

Reaction score
in the last week i have seen yours brad and trask turbo kits on video. i am looking to purchase a few

15 years ago when i last had a areo charger on my 670rotax, it was making just shy of 200hp at 12lbs ... it ran ok, but running bad fuel became costly, and cost a few turbos

i also remember rolling it more than a few times when climbing in extreme areas, and letting off for some reason and not having the stock tq to light the turbo and stalling it in the ulgyest of spots, we also had a few extra pipes because exhaust pressures were cracking them

clutching, clutching, and clutching were the biggest issues we had, since we were dealing with two hps, 100hp stock and 200hp under boost

we also found out that on long wot pulls the engine overheated, we think the cooling system was not able to disperse that much extra heat

have all these issues been tested and proven to work with your setup or is this another trial and error on the consumers back

thanks fred

That was sure a long time ago as far as technology goes. WELCOME to EFI! Most of your concerns have been fixed with EFI. Pipe are better today but it it still recommended to weld the seams. We have not had over heating issue for a long time. At high boost levels we want to us good fuel and proper AFR to keep the piston cool. This is also the reason we are taking the extra fuel through the case is to cool the back of the piston. Days have changed on what a customer expects from a performance mod today's customers expect to pull the rope and go. There has and still is a lot of testing on snow and on dynos. We have not has even one detonation count or engine issue. we have tried many different reeds and have found some that do not last but we have also used some that have lots of time on them with no signs of wear. We currently have 6 sled running on the snow by three different groups all being run as much as possible. Today some are in West Yellow Stone area.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like how its sounding so far brad, please keep us informed good and bad, all great products take time, and their is a leaning curve, i like the idea of bolt on and ride, and everything is tested and proven. as you can tell my last exsperince was hard on me, my wallot, and pateints.... but i loved the power

keep us informed, and more videos

Top Bottom