800 E-Tec Turbo Systems

RL800BST

Reaction score
Take it easy i'm New!

I have heard that there is a company that has a 100% complete turbo system for the XP Platform 800 e-tec?
Anybody heard the same. Suppose to be really really clean. No problems with the e-tec or the SDI.

RL800BST

Reaction score
I have been doing some digging all day, Trask Performance or Trask Turbo Systems was the company and the system i was talking about, Like i said i am new at this as soon as i can i will put up some pics of this turbo kit. Looks Awesome!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do some internet searchin on this topic. Turbo's and Ski-doo 2-strokes have been topics of discussion for a long time. Until recently there were very few companies marketing a XP Turbo for the 800R because of the tuning issues.

Sure there are some out there, but its never been as easy to do on a Doo. Trask and more recently Aerocharger have made claims they have a product that works.

The only sled anyone has seen the trask system on is a short track. There is no known mountain use of the kit. If its been done, no one is sharing the info on the net, which don't you think they would want to?

Same with AeroCharger. Personally I would love to have a boosted 2-stroke, but until I see a year worth of real world riding I wouldn't invest the $5000 + into one.

If you want a boosted 2-stroke I would go with a ProRMK, you can get the kit for $3500. After I try out a buddies new Pro this year, I might make the switch. I love my Doo, but I am not so brand loyal that I will wait forever to get my hands on something I can turbo.

ignore that it says RMK, it goes to the Doo page.

There are lots of people who say it will be done and I hope it will work, and work well. If it works, you know what I will be planning on next year.

RL800BST

Reaction score
Thanks, I have been riding Ski Doo along time up in Colorado. It would be nice to have a Turbo for the 14,000 + climbs. Have you seen the systems, The areo charger system looks a little ruff. The Trask system looks better put together. I have looked on there website and they have a GREAT rep in the turbo world for Harleys and ATV UTV market. I hope they can get some more info released on these systems ASAP. I did find these images on there website.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have seen it on a sled, at a show, and talked to the guy marketing it.

It all sounds good, just need to see it put to really world use.

The aerocharger looked less invasive and easier to install vs. the trask, but I am no turbo expert.

snowtractor

Reaction score
I had a areocharger on my xp and what a nightmare wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy work 1 day and had nothing but problems 2 engines blew one turbo reeds till a back fire and a fuel leak took care of the whole thing lots alot of money on it saty away

RL800BST

Reaction score
I have never seen the aerocharger system in person, but have had a couple tell me that the system is a nightmare to install. They had also told me that it is not very reliable. From what i have herd talking with Trask and from other forums they have all the issues work out. Can't wait to see.

Reaction score
I had a areocharger on my xp and what a nightmare wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy work 1 day and had nothing but problems 2 engines blew one turbo reeds till a back fire and a fuel leak took care of the whole thing lots alot of money on it saty away

Please keep in mind Aerocharger LLC has never made a kit for the Ski-Doo until the new Etec. The prior kits were made by dealer that purchased just the Aerocharger and made a kit. It is stories like this that pushed us to do the kit development ourselves. Please judge us on our merits and not on old dealers. Our Etec system is working very well and will be powering the Factory hill climb team. We have worked very close with the race dept. during this build. Please call us if you have any questions.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so,how much boost,how much hp and what fuel will i need to run @ 3000 to 7000 feet thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please keep in mind Aerocharger LLC has never made a kit for the Ski-Doo until the new Etec. The prior kits were made by dealer that purchased just the Aerocharger and made a kit. It is stories like this that pushed us to do the kit development ourselves. Please judge us on our merits and not on old dealers. Our Etec system is working very well and will be powering the Factory hill climb team. We have worked very close with the race dept. during this build. Please call us if you have any questions.[/QUOTE]

I think its safe to assume they won't be visiting the forum much to promote their product, so you will have to call to get any questions asked.

I learned a little recently about the e-tec computer management systems and the ability to turbo them and I am doubtful there is a company out there right now that could sell a system that is going to work as well as the Poo's and Cats boosted 2 strokes.

Reaction score
Please keep in mind Aerocharger LLC has never made a kit for the Ski-Doo until the new Etec. The prior kits were made by dealer that purchased just the Aerocharger and made a kit. It is stories like this that pushed us to do the kit development ourselves. Please judge us on our merits and not on old dealers. Our Etec system is working very well and will be powering the Factory hill climb team. We have worked very close with the race dept. during this build. Please call us if you have any questions.[/QUOTE]

I think its safe to assume they won't be visiting the forum much to promote their product, so you will have to call to get any questions asked.

I learned a little recently about the e-tec computer management systems and the ability to turbo them and I am doubtful there is a company out there right now that could sell a system that is going to work as well as the Poo's and Cats boosted 2 strokes.

We will try to stay in touch on the forum but the phone is better for quick answers.
Etec ECM is very different for sure and was a big challenge. In some ways the Etec works better and in some ways.........I think every application has challenges that have to be dealt with. I will say this BRP has been a big help in making this system work.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, well get some units moving out here in the Canadian Rockies so we know how well they work!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks brad, i was talking with the race deparment a month ago or so about this and they said they are very excited as well working with you, they feel it has went threw exstensive testing and will be for the die hard mountain sledder

i was told around the 220hp on pump fuel and kit would be a easy 5 hr job to do, it would be of doo quality and bolt right on, reliabity and durabilty of parts would be similar to stock, but did mention that a liabity and null warrenty clame would have to be signed before release. did mention a cost of around the 3500 dollars

are these true statments, or have things changed
thanks

Reaction score
Awesome, well get some units moving out here in the Canadian Rockies so we know how well they work!

Absolute Power and Performance has a few kits on order as well as Jordan your VP fuel distributor. Check with those guys to see the kit on the snow. We should have been at your snow show but got caught at the border….Long story short border office was more concerned about money for his friend then doing his job!!!

Reaction score
thanks brad, i was talking with the race deparment a month ago or so about this and they said they are very excited as well working with you, they feel it has went threw exstensive testing and will be for the die hard mountain sledder

i was told around the 220hp on pump fuel and kit would be a easy 5 hr job to do, it would be of doo quality and bolt right on, reliabity and durabilty of parts would be similar to stock, but did mention that a liabity and null warrenty clame would have to be signed before release. did mention a cost of around the 3500 dollars

are these true statments, or have things changed
thanks

Not sure where the 3,500 came from although it would be nice to be able to offer a very basic pump gas turbo kit with a factory re-flash for 3,500. Our current goal is to support the race team with the best kit we can engineer to make the Ski-Doo team as competitive as possible. The current kit includes pump/race gas, inter-cooler, Aerocharger 66, O2, Boost gauge, Secondary fuel system, and a proper air box.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am extremely cheap and know nothing about tuning a snowmachine, although I tell everyone I'm god's gift to the internal combustion engine. I feel the need to have the most power for sitting at the bottom of the hill, drinking beer or for busting donuts in the parking lot at WOT. Is a turbo right for me?

pistonpete

Reaction score
I am extremely cheap and know nothing about tuning a snowmachine, although I tell everyone I'm god's gift to the internal combustion engine. I feel the need to have the most power for sitting at the bottom of the hill, drinking beer or for busting donuts in the parking lot at WOT. Is a turbo right for me?

:beer::beer::beer:GO MAN GO !!! YOU NEED THAT !!!:beer::beer::beer:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:d:beer::d:beer:, you sir are very funny and make this a great place to waste time

Top Bottom