750 Storm Turbo?

sebrook

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 93 Storm 750 in excellent shape sitting aroung doing nothing so we thought we might do some asking around to see if anybody has any info on homemade turbo kits. We've got no snow here in Ontario so figure we might as well have some fun. I know it's been done but can't find seem to find enough info on how to properly/safely. if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. Happy riding to you out West!

sebrook

Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert, but I know it's been done on storms, 650's and XCR 800's before - at least I've read of it being done - not saying it worked perfectly.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen old twins turbo, but never a tripple. if I was you I would do some other mods.... port n' polish, maybey some boost, chassis upgrade, tripple pipes, clutch kit, reeds, just to make that thing CRAZY!

PullThePin

Reaction score
Would be sweet if you really know this motor. Port timing and tuning are the toughest to dial in. I think it would be cheaper and way more fun to bigbore, tune and ride.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PSI performance built a triple piped turbo iq mod.

LOL - yeah that was a nice picture on the website, but did you ever actually see it run? LOL Its pretty easy to fab up some mounts and hoses and make it look like you installed a turbo.

Allegedly 600 HP :rolleyes: on the "PSI dyno" so that means about 135 HP in the real world?

Wouldn't believe too much of what you hear.

If anyone has vid of the mythical beast running please let me know, never been able to find any.

The issues with the triples is the port timing, really hard to make them work. If triples took a turbo really easy, you would have seen 100's of them around. Kinda gotta question why you don't. Only knew of 2 in all my years of sledding, one was an 800 ZRT race sled and the other was a 580 XLT that routinely broke piston skirts.

If it was me, I'd bore and port the 750 and make it haul a$$, and you will be able to do this for far less than pissing around with a turbo.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL - yeah that was a nice picture on the website, but did you ever actually see it run? LOL Its pretty easy to fab up some mounts and hoses and make it look like you installed a turbo.

Allegedly 600 HP :rolleyes: on the "PSI dyno" so that means about 135 HP in the real world?

Wouldn't believe too much of what you hear.

If anyone has vid of the mythical beast running please let me know, never been able to find any.

The issues with the triples is the port timing, really hard to make them work. If triples took a turbo really easy, you would have seen 100's of them around. Kinda gotta question why you don't. Only knew of 2 in all my years of sledding, one was an 800 ZRT race sled and the other was a 580 XLT that routinely broke piston skirts.

If it was me, I'd bore and port the 750 and make it haul a$$, and you will be able to do this for far less than pissing around with a turbo.

It looks pretty and that's all that matters! :d:d

Top Bottom