750 king quad vs 800 can am/ brute force

leanburn

Reaction score
i'm about to buy a new quad and was going to get a 800 can am but before i do i would like to here from some kk owners. since i have rode several canams and brutes i know the power, ride and handling is great. how does the kk hold up in a flat race between another equal machine such as a brute force, can am or 700 grizzly? i'm talking stock to stock, i need to know what i would have to do to one of these to keep up.
i don't like the way the brute force handle, it feels like your riding on top of a spring swaying side to side/ back and forth, how the kk in comparison?
i normally don't ask these question cuase usually i have plenty of oportunity to ride a buddies but i don't know anyone who has one. any info would be appreiciated.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the king quad is a very capable quad in the mud and skeg. on dirt roads etc you won't catch a canam or brute. they are twins and kings are single cyl. good tires will get you farther in the mud than power, most times. if your buddys all ride canams they will leave you behind on the fire roads but otherwise no problem.

-Ed-

Reaction score
I abuse the poop out of my 750 king, it hasn't let me down yet. I hate getting my butt whooped by the big twin cyl units, but I make it out of the bush on my own power. I installed a Velocity devices CDI unit and an SDI clutch kit to give me the power I wanted. I'll lift the front end in high range with no effort at all now.

leanburn

Reaction score
hey ed, how bad do you take a spankin from the twins with your cdi . i was thinking of maybe buying a king and doing some portwork, bigger injector and cdi but if i'm still going to be down on power i think i'll bite the bullit and go outlander or renegade.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
When ur comparing a KQ to a brute/outtie, its the same as comparing a 2.3 inline 4 ford to 5.0L MUSTANG. They will do all the things the outtie and brute will do, but with half the gas. Id go with the king. will not let u down.
Have a buddy with a kawi take out two f diffs, on two diffr kawis. Have another buddy thats blown a lot of can-am parts, he always sez "thank god for can-am 3 yr warr.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go with the kawi..... i have one and the only prob ive had is tie rod ends and c/v boots... but it has 3000 hard km on it and they get hard and crack..... plus i have been useing all balls tierod ends and they keep streching the threads and comin loose... thinkin better get some kawi ones... they have the highest air intake there is for stock and very easy to snorkle.... plus the wet brake in the rear is the deal maker.... its just awsome.... ive never had front diffy problems with the execption of water int there but thats any quad that goes through waist deep water...

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
you will probably get lots of diverse answers... lots of personal preference's on forums.

heres my take.

since your talking stock for stock the brute/can-am is way out of the kings league. but i was so surprised how the king responds to modz (clutch kit,vdi chip) it really woke it up espically with bigger tires.

the king was still behind although... i would have to go with the brute or can-am. but 70hp is pretty addicting.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the brute. The older 750's had front end issues but from what i understand, its been fixed. I love my KVF 700, its got more low end grunt than the KQ 750,its slower in the top end but i can't complain with 95 km/h

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the brute. The older 750's had front end issues but from what i understand, its been fixed. I love my KVF 700, its got more low end grunt than the KQ 750,its slower in the top end but i can't complain with 95 km/h

Exactly.... I have a KVF 700 and my buddie has a KQ 700 we both have all the same mod i.e. Dyantec CDI/Copperhead VDI, Clutch kits, 28" mud tires, but he has a 2" lift and I don't. In a drag we are neck and neck but he can't pick his front end up in hi gear and mine sounds about a thousand times better. IMO;)

Forgot to add full exhaust on both muzzy/HMF.:d

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own 3 700 king quads and 1 Renegade X . They are all great but in a flat out race nothing is going to catch the 71hp. can am. I love my k/q's but as for power you can't touch the renegade.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep looking at new quads but can't seem to part with my old '05 700 King. I was really looking at a Renegade X, but can't justify the $$$$. My quad is just nicely broken in now with 13,000 kms on it. I was giving nice sized leads out to my bro-in-law on his new Grizz and a buddy on his new 750 King then grabbing a handful and LIGHTING THEM UP!!!!! Never did race a Brute; but one of our operators at work has a CanAm 800 Outie that doesn't hold a candle to this KQ in the SKEG. Oh yeah; mine is not quite stock.:d:d:beer:

Brutetisk750i

Reaction score
I have a 07 and now a 2010 brute 750i.. both have 2" lifts ,chipped ,run 28" tires...no problems ever with diffs... i drive them like i stole them...only thing that can keep up in the bush or road is a renegade 800... buy the Kawi ..I run with a crowd that has every kind of name brand bike going...still in my opinion the Kawi is the best all around bike for the money and comes a 24 month warranty too..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke u aren't trying hard enough ...get'er done..! BB

Sasktoolman

Reaction score
09 KQ, clutch kit and personal tweak to it. The renegades kick the snot outta me on the flat, I am limited to 80km/hr but in the mud, I can go anywhere they can go and sometimes more with 28" Silverbacks. Only thing I dont like about KQ is the angle of the axles. Had to take the 3" lift out, finally put in gorillas, but to expensive to risk it again. KQ has a stiff ride, but it handles the better than anything else I have ever ridden.

gildp67

Reaction score
Not only can you chip and and port and clutch the KQ you can also add a new injector. One from the 1800 street bike is a direct fit to the KQ.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Not only can you chip and and port and clutch the KQ you can also add a new injector. One from the 1800 street bike is a direct fit to the KQ.

Exactly!!! just add a yoshi pipe(or whatever ur heart desires), a aftermarket foam air filter(uni or twin air), a copperhead vdi, iridium plug, and a Suzuki boulevarde M109R injector, lime EPI spring, drilled weights(18grams), and the coop45(2mm yammy shims) and ur set.:d:d

And i believe there is a big bore kit available.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned both and for the most fun the outlander rocks but on the down side it is expensive to buy and I had more troubles with it than i cared for. The Kingquad is a solid machine, doesnt excel anywhere but all around a great machine that i am hoping will be more reliable than the outy.

Shurup

Reaction score
Exactly!!! just add a yoshi pipe(or whatever ur heart desires), a aftermarket foam air filter(uni or twin air), a copperhead vdi, iridium plug, and a Suzuki boulevarde M109R injector, lime EPI spring, drilled weights(18grams), and the coop45(2mm yammy shims) and ur set.:d:d

And i believe there is a big bore kit available.

Big bose is available for KQ700, it is 750CC kit. But you can get a high comp piston for 750.

Top Bottom