75 Cm of snow at Castle mountain

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly..if there is that much on the deck rails barnes would be butt deep....just need it to settle and from some solid base...we are two weeks away from real good sledding..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ok as a newb I have to ask the question, in what manner do you ride to do this other than the obvious, not throwing a 50ft rooster down the trails.
I can tell you this longhorn...if you ride westcastle and you are the first few riders trying to bust up over the pass there is no ride nice and pack it...I have pulled that as the leader a few times and it takes big hp and track speed in a few places to clear the path...I guess if you are running up the road you could keep off the throttle...that just seems wrong to me...haha

Dobir, isn't that the truth! You can also add, if you ride Elkford/Koko it is "no ride nice and pack it." Some of the hills it was 6 tries with the rocks spinning out from the track, then back down and go again for another 20-30 feet. Even with the big tracks it was a struggle but it is open now and will be fine.

Winter pictures are soo clean and crisp.....

Attachments

• 100_5043.jpg
    100_5043.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 461
Last edited by a moderator:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed with dobir in the westcastle area there is no ride nice only nice riding u can do is from the ski hill to the first or second clearing then from there you will need to be balls to the walls to get from the lease site up to the top of the pass even to get to the gates rite now would take some power to get up and into! all we can do is say GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed with dobir in the westcastle area there is no ride nice only nice riding u can do is from the ski hill to the first or second clearing then from there you will need to be balls to the walls to get from the lease site up to the top of the pass even to get to the gates rite now would take some power to get up and into! all we can do is say GET OUT THERE AND HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN

Maybe somebody wil be kind enough to make trail for us!! One day I was there about two years ago the only sled that could break trail through 4-5 feet of snow was a M1000 T ..one of the turbos that day blew up before we made the top..

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows this for a dump of snow!!!!!! Yeah baby we were up to our nuts in it all day!
We broke trail all the way to the new gate.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 297

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some more.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1779.jpg
    IMG_1779.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 305

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle today made it up to gates can`t go any farther as its closed until dec 1 and the gate is locked and it looks hard to get around it.Took 3 trys to get to the gates enjoy the pics
. castle mnt nov 20-20-with roy 002.jpg

castle mnt nov 20-20-with roy 004.jpg

castle mnt nov 20-20-with roy 006.jpg

castle mnt nov 20-20-with roy 009.jpg

castle mnt nov 20-20-with roy 011.jpg

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much no base yet but we got the trail up to the gate packed down nice and firm. We went up and down it a dozen times. Once the snow was packed it set up nice and hard. This dump will make an awsome base for the next one!:beer:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ian please update,, we are riding monday if you are interested, either quartz or maybe castle if its good.

thx

There is still lots of snow to pack down from start up to the rig site in the nooks and crannys,2 guys went straight at the second bridge up that way i have only gone that way 1 time,We never tryed going up to the right just before the gates that would be a gooder to try and get up and back into that bowl back there, i am out for next week.

Last edited:

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you guys unload your sleds at? I am thinking of going down on Sunday and unloading at the Castle Falls area then going over to the south trail system. Is this close to where you guys road today?

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we went right to castle ski hill and uloaded and rode up towards the middle kootany pass.It looks like there is lots of snow all through the crowsnest pass area.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we went right to castle ski hill and uloaded and rode up towards the middle kootany pass.It looks like there is lots of snow all through the crowsnest pass area.

Thanks Ian for the info. Hoping to take the kids out for a ride as well tomorrow but might have to wait. Might be too much powder for my daughter.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right..you can bust off to the right or continue on up to the pass...the first ones up there takes balls..she is no place to make a mistake...can't wait

Top Bottom