'73 250T Elan

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking we might need to know what the question is, in order to answer your first question.

hillbillydeluxe

Reaction score
true enough... just didnt know if i'd recieve a reply to a "vintage" question...
question: lots of spark...new HR carb kit (i've done my share)... the engine fires off and on and does eventually run...but only high rpm and i cannot shut it down to idle or even bring it to lower revs whatsoever. also i have to play some with the choke...usually bout half choke... I'm wondering if i have a seal gone...because this was the case for a 335 single i redid last year with similar symptoms...fixed the seal...fixed the problem..?? any suggestions??

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know the carb is all good then yes it is time for a vac test on the crankcase.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got a second set of hands. Have someone spay some carb cleaner around the crank seal once its running. This should verify if the crank seal is gone or not.:twocents:

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Follow the seal. If you get it fixed you will have a great kids sled. A freind of mine was given one a few years ago I think it was a 72 or 73 was ridden for only a couple of seasons then shedded for about 30 years, he had to replace the fuel tank and put in a carb kit and the thing runs great, body is in imaculate condition you would think it is only a few years old. He widen the ski stance so it is a little more stable for the kids.

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom