700 polaris quad

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 700 polaris quad does anyone know what rpm the rev limiter revs out at in low and in high:beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine rev limiter is the same in Lo and Hi. Its just an ignition cut-off. It's like the rev limiter in your truck, it will hit the same rev limiter in 1st as it will in 2nd, 3rd and so on. Assuming you can hit it in any taller gear.

The only other limiter thats different is the reverse one.

I'm not too sure when the rev limiter kicks in though.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping it's about 6300 because that's about when it starts to miss

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power commander definitely a good upgrade. Around $400. But if you're gonna put one in spend the extra money ($300!) For the autotune module. Its well worth the cost as you never have to download any maps and it constantly alters the tune to accommodate for changes in altitude,temperature, or anything else like that so that your always running an optimal map for the conditions

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power commander definitely a good upgrade. Around $400. But if you're gonna put one in spend the extra money ($300!) For the autotune module. Its well worth the cost as you never have to download any maps and it constantly alters the tune to accommodate for changes in altitude,temperature, or anything else like that so that your always running an optimal map for the conditions

Basically, the auto tune turns your open circuit fi system to a more modern closed circuit fi system.

Make sure you have a pc-v for autotune. Pc-lll won't accept autotune.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have a bud who took out his power commander maybe I'll try him first

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have a bud who took out his power commander maybe I'll try him first

Do it. Once you get the PowerCommander on, check what model it is and hit up www.powercomander.com and type in your model, year and type of PowerCommander you have. There will be a list of available downloads for your ride and they tell you what mods they are mapped for.

Before you download make sure your computer is running the PowerCommander software that is needed to download the maps and upload them to your PC-lll or PC-V.

This software only works on Windows, which kinda sucks for Mac guys like me but it's nothing running paralells can't fix.

Anyways, remember no two quads are equal so no to quads respond the same to a given map. Pick the map closest to your mods even if the exhaust brands don't match up. Additional tuning can be done on your computer with the PC-V or on the PC-lll it can be done via computer or face plate buttons.

Most quad dealers offer professional dyno tunes for your PowerCommander equipped quad. This is much better as you get a perfect tune out of it, mapped for YOUR quad.

The same thing can be done yourself with a PC-V by buying the AUTO-Tune kit. Just weld the bung to your exhaust and add the O2 sensor.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds way too complicated for me maybe my bud knows how to do this

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's really quite simple to install the power commander. There's more wiring and some welding required for the auto tune but like I said, its well worth the cost.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are hitting the rev limater ,which is close to 6400 +/- a bit. You don`t need a pc5 un less you are running a different air filter and FULL exhaust system,that is very open. The 700 comes pretty fat from the factory,i would dought you are lean with just a pipe. It is more likly you are clutched a little light and are revving out a little quick.....

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are hitting the rev limater ,which is close to 6400 +/- a bit. You don`t need a pc5 un less you are running a different air filter and FULL exhaust system,that is very open. The 700 comes pretty fat from the factory,i would dought you are lean with just a pipe. It is more likly you are clutched a little light and are revving out a little quick.....

x2! play with your weights a bit. might find heavier weights or stiffer secondary spring to be your answer. whats it top out at for top speed?

Top Bottom