700 king quad

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question: who would you recommend to work on this quad, I bought this quad used and there are some mods done like performance clutch, supposedly it's chipped and it has a power command and a HMF exhaust. It has about 1300km on it. The thing is it over heated and the light came on, now when it is cold it runs and will rev up to about 72kmhr and starts to sputter and today after 4hrs of riding it would not go over 30km. So I shut it off, had a sandwich, started it up and away it went up to about 57km before it started to sputter again. Mountain toys are the ones who installed this stuff, should I take it back to them or is there some one better. I don't think this should have happened this soon, the machine is only 2 years old and with very few miles on it. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question: who would you recommend to work on this quad, I bought this quad used and there are some mods done like performance clutch, supposedly it's chipped and it has a power command and a HMF exhaust. It has about 1300km on it. The thing is it over heated and the light came on, now when it is cold it runs and will rev up to about 72kmhr and starts to sputter and today after 4hrs of riding it would not go over 30km. So I shut it off, had a sandwich, started it up and away it went up to about 57km before it started to sputter again. Mountain toys are the ones who installed this stuff, should I take it back to them or is there some one better. I don't think this should have happened this soon, the machine is only 2 years old and with very few miles on it. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

depends what is all done to it,,, first thing to try is unhook the power commander,, sometimes they dont like alberta weather, the 700 king is a pretty reliable machine...we have nt had any issues with them,,, check ur fuel may add some conditioner couldnt hurt.... if that doesnt work....call and find out if they can give u any hints..... otherwise... give our service guys a call on monday talk to mark and im sure he can try to help u out...

p.s. what kind of sandwich? .......lol
terry

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work on these units everyday, pull your fuel pump out of the tank. You will most likely find the little white filter at the bottom will be dirty blocking fuel delivery. Seen this problem many times with people who are not careful purring in fuel, mud around lip dirt in jerry can ect. You can not buy this filter only as a complete fuel pump. Be careful but you can take it off. Then wash it in dish soap and warm water. This may not be the problem but it is a good start with this unit. They are usually a very dependable machine. Good Luck.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the dirty fuel filter. Here is a link that explains how to replace the filter Nyroc's ATV info website

also after you replace the filter, re-route the breather tube up to the handle bars. This will eliminate getting water and mud into the fuel tank.
Hope this helps you out.

ALSO,check your TPS. Throttle position sensor, there are instructions on that other site also.

Last edited:

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the dirty fuel filter. Here is a link that explains how to replace the filter Nyroc's ATV info website

also after you replace the filter, re-route the breather tube up to the handle bars. This will eliminate getting water and mud into the fuel tank.
Hope this helps you out.

ALSO,check your TPS. Throttle position sensor, there are instructions on that other site also.
thank you again for the great web site and info. I noticed that I don't have a fillter where the fule goes into the tank, i will get one. Now I need to figure how to get to the pump, I probably need to take all the plastic off to get to the tank, yes.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, so I went ahead an checked the TPS and it was out. I hope I will not need to pull the tank, I might as well try this first, 1 problem at a time. Thanks again.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will not totally have to take off all the rear plastics just some near the pump for some slack. The pump cover unscrews and pull straight up slowly and manuver out. You will have to remove battery and move wire harness aside. Enjoy.

Top Bottom