670x slight mod

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
670x slight mods not quite right yet.

so this year i did a few adjustments to the old girl. added a set of gagne twins and kick azz filters. kept running the dpm and oil injection.
i am pulling 1200 degrees on the digi at 3/4 throttle wide open it falls on its face. pulls really hard if i only go to 1/2 to 3/4 throttle..
i am thinking i need to fatten it up a bit. i am at 350 jets right now was thinking goin with 420 with the dpm i think it should be ok. any suggestions or am i on the right track here? thanks.

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the plugs and see what they look like.
The stock 670X pipe was pretty hard to beat, good luck getting the twins to work.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pipes are workin sweet, pulls harder than it ever did before. but only to about 3/4 throttle like i said. watchin the temps hit 1200 on a 1/8mile drag or so on the flat in my backyard on the flat makes me not wanna ride longer to change plug colors to white:eek: so was just wondering if i am on the right track here.

mtnrev

Reaction score
I have to agree with DRD. Had a 98 670X tried different a couple sets of twin pipes Gagne, and Split Second nothing worked as good on that sled as the stock pipe. They seem to give good top end but would always lose the arm stretching torque that you need in the deep snow.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i installed the 420 mains. runs sweet now a little clutching and i should be bang on. may drop 1 or 2 sizes on the pilot as i have a really light bog out of the hole. but my clutch is engaging a bit low still too. its coming in at about 3800 rpm.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so i installed the 420 mains. Runs sweet now a little clutching and i should be bang on. May drop 1 or 2 sizes on the pilot as i have a really light bog out of the hole. But my clutch is engaging a bit low still too. Its coming in at about 3800 rpm.

sounds like you almost have it..... Pilots for sure, and main valve too?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do once i see it again in the daylight.
man i gotta build ashop. friggin boat messed up those plans this year, low fundage and no time as i had to use the boat every weekend/evening that was worthwhile being outside.:realmad::d

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most gagne pipes were not made for the 'X" motor because it had a rev. limiter.They like very high RPM's.

Top Bottom