670 x clutch

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will a clutch off an 01 800 work on my 99 670? i am going to have to do clutch mods anyways as i have changed a few other things this season. but just wondering if this will work. found a decent deal on a clutch.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will a clutch off an 01 800 work on my 99 670? i am going to have to do clutch mods anyways as i have changed a few other things this season. but just wondering if this will work. found a decent deal on a clutch.

buy the clutch. if it dosnt work for ya I will give you half of what you paid and keep it as a spare for mine :d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it should work, the drive axle and bearings on a 99 match the zx chassis.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy the clutch. if it dosnt work for ya I will give you half of what you paid and keep it as a spare for mine :d

ill just tell ya i had to pay 1000 bucks for it then.:d

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the primary clutch, the answer is no - the taper is different from the 670 to the 800. A better performing primary would be a P85 that is tapered to fit the 670 - just make sure it is balanced. The secondary requires a zx jackshaft (splined) to work.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just needed the sliding half anyways. is a tra 2 a tra 2 or did they change according to doo the three didn't come out till 03 or so.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the primary clutch, the answer is no - the taper is different from the 670 to the 800. A better performing primary would be a P85 that is tapered to fit the 670 - just make sure it is balanced. The secondary requires a zx jackshaft (splined) to work.

They both have good and bad points. The TRA has far more tuning variables, the P-85 is a simple clutch with cheap parts and IMO the only reason guys started installing them back in the day was because they didn't understand how to clutch the TRA and therefore they could buy a lot of P-85 parts and screw up a lot of times before they got it right and it was still cheaper. If you are not into clutching then the P-85 was the clutch to use - set it and forget it.

Two 670's side by side, the TRA 670 killed the P-85 670 in the holeshot and kept it about 2 sled lengths behind the whole way.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you sure? I was just looking at one from an 04 and comparing it to the one on my Doo triple and they are dangerously close. I didn't measure ,just eyeballed it and put it on my crank.

Top Bottom