660 grizzly peformance chips

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey just recently bought an 03 660 griz and was looking into aftermarket cdi boxes. just wanna know if anyone has tryed any of em and how they worked?:confused:

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy has a dynatech on his kawi and it was night and day kinda hopin to hear of someone with the same results on there griz

mudbitchguy

Reaction score
Website
www.supergripatv.ca
my buddy has a dynatech on his kawi and it was night and day kinda hopin to hear of someone with the same results on there griz

Hey there,

I have the dynatek cdi on my 660 grizz and I feel it is the best bang for your buck. Definately night and day difference, more throttle response, eliminates reverse rev limiter, and the quad doesn't "bog" down in the mud.

IMO

Rej

dieselsmoke101

Reaction score
i have A 2002 grizzly660 i really need more throttle response when i hit the mudd it boggs right down doesnt making me happy im a guy that wants to kick ass in the holes:mad:

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I got a 660 with a 686 big bore, mudbuster cam and all the toy's to help it breath, but the best mod i made for the buck was the camshaft it made the biggest difference. if you want to get ride of the reverse rev limiter just ground out the reverse light circuit and it gets rid of the rev limiter. The most common reason for a grizzly to bog in water is steam getting sucked into the airbox. I would highly recommend a snorkel kit

Last edited:

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went ahead and purchased the dynatec cdi box, put the mudder clutch kit in. both worked real well to give that extra jam that you might be lookin for. snorkled thequad and that got rid of the water stutter, however i now have a wiring short. the fun never ends with a used quad. will post my finds on the wiring short.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it.

cdi does not effect jetting its timing related.

throttle response is directly related to jetting and CV carb design.

cv carb's slide on vacuum changes which obviously gives them more time to gain rpm even if just slightly.

throttle response and jetting come hand in hand as well obviously bike will pull harder and pickup rpms faster if the jetting is correct.

its the age old thing of people trying to gain performance by doing everything outside of going into the motor which is the only true way to gain performance.

exhaust - intake and CDI can only do so much. in fact I've heard alot of review of people losing HP with aftermarket cdis maybe its all placebo effect.

Top Bottom