650i front a-arms

crushd

Reaction score
If you mean the bearings in the a-arms, I replaced the one side this spring. Might have been smarter if they would have used a greasable bushing instead.

Canadian Kawie

Reaction score
Yes, I have about 1150kms on my 07 650i and I have some play in my upper A-arm bushings. I also have a tickle of play in my tie rod ends. I plan to take of it over the winter. There are some aftermarket bushings for the A-arms but I think I will stick to stock tie rods and ends. They are cheaper than spindles to replace.

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had to replace mine in the spring and i went with the all balls tie rod ends and a- arm bushings. they are way cheaper and stronger to. any one find a good after market tie rod? :beer:

Canadian Kawie

Reaction score
I just got all my parts for my Brute! Has anyone ever tried to drill and tap the control arms for grease zerks! I thought this maybe a good idea while I'm changing the bushings.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i have an '08 750 with about 1800 km and have already had the bushings all replaced under warrantty. Also have had the tie rods bending (replaced) without even hitting anything other than normal trail bumps etc.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i have an '08 750 with about 1800 km and have already had the bushings all replaced under warrantty. Also have had the tie rods bending (replaced) without even hitting anything other than normal trail bumps etc.

Tie rods are just a normal Brute weakness.

Reaction score
Yeah I have an 08 750 and had the same problems as well! I took it in to the dealer and they replaced everything under warranty and added the grease fittings. They wouldn't replace the tie rods under warranty..... that ticked me off!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had to replace mine in the spring and i went with the all balls tie rod ends and a- arm bushings. they are way cheaper and stronger to. any one find a good after market tie rod? :beer:

ASR or Diamond G both make excellent heavy duty Tie rods. Not sure about Diamond G but ASR has lifetime warrantee on thier tie rods. I bought a set on Ebay with stock style tie rod ends on and it cost me abot $130 complete, don't plan on using them till my stockers bend though.

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea but id much rather have a bent tie rod then have some thing else bend or brake like a steering knuckle. just what my dealer was telling me about them. tie rods are eazy to change on the trail.. just my 2 cents...:beer::beer:

Top Bottom