600 RMK 2009 siezed

Kruchy

Reaction score
200 km put on it last year. Tried to pull the rope this year and the engine will not budge. Ran it a couple times during the summer.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try putting a couple of teaspoons of 2 stroke oil down each plug hole. Leave the plugs out , take the belt off, and try to turn the engine over "by hand", using the primary clutch. Be firm, but don't force anything to the breaking point. First left.....then right.....left.....etc.
Don't be scared to put a little more oil down the holes if you feel the need.

Good luck, hopefully it wil break free for ya, and there is no rust deposits on the bottom end bearings

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200 km put on it last year. Tried to pull the rope this year and the engine will not budge. Ran it a couple times during the summer.

If it is carbureted I would suspect that the crankcase has filled up with gas and it is hydro locked. There should be a drain plug on each side of the crankcase that you can remove to let the gas drain out.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is carbureted I would suspect that the crankcase has filled up with gas and it is hydro locked. There should be a drain plug on each side of the crankcase that you can remove to let the gas drain out.

2009 600's are EFI not carburated.

tonykunz

Reaction score
I've heard that usually your last ride of the season, because the temperature is usually warmer and the engine gets a bit hotter when you shut it off for the last time of the season, the cylinders can shrink more than the piston rings can tolerate giving the impression of a seized engine. It's never happened to me but it did to a friend of mine. Not sure of the remedy to fix it

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to pull the exhaust pipe & make sure you dont have a family living in there. Even though you started it over the summer, might have had something move in during the Fall & colder weather.
If all looks good try putting a pry bar down through the primary and get it to turn over.

Top Bottom