6 or 8 Foot Deck?

Guest102

Reaction score
I wanna pick up a sled deck so I can haul my sled around work easy. With my 144" Track should I get a 6 or 8 foot box? My trucks a CCSB gmc sierra with a 8" lift. I was hoping to maybe also find a used marathon for around 2000.

A couple people I spoke with recommend getting a 6 foot deck as long as there are telescopic ramps

GRD

Reaction score
I wanna pick up a sled deck so I can haul my sled around work easy. With my 144" Track should I get a 6 or 8 foot box? My trucks a CCSB gmc sierra with a 8" lift. I was hoping to maybe also find a used marathon for around 2000.

A couple people I spoke with recommend getting a 6 foot deck as long as there are telescopic ramps

I think marathon makes a 7 foot deck...:confused:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the 7' i had one before the enclosed came into my life and loved it.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a short box F-350 CC. Can I run a deck aswell as pull an enclosed trailer?
Or do the sled lengths on the deck stop me from doing this?

I also have a quad for in the summer and a 28' TT.
I cant afford the new alum decks but I have a line on a couple of steel ones. Which I can modify if needed. Any pics of trucks w/decks hauling sleds and a trailer?
Give me an idea if I can do this or not.

karbz700

Reaction score
I run an 8ft deck because I have 162" sleds. I also have a 22 foot enclosed and the two dont work so well together. Cant take any corners. But the whole reason I have a deck is so I dont have to pull a trailer.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking for deck and trailer so we can fit more guys together on the ride. have 5 of us going and only 3 sled fit in the trailer. I guess I will still be grabing a deck but will end up with 2 trucks going out to the Mtns.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go with the 8 foot model and the 12 telescoping ramp if you were going with a new deck, but with a used deck you might have to add a extension cause of the lift. A 6 or 7 foot deck works better with a trailer, also remember the gvw of the vehichle, with a trailer on and four guys in the truck you might be able to haul one sled on the deck.

cueball115a

Reaction score
Saguenay region, mont Valin is my play ground now.
A 6 1/2 foot will work but a 8 will be better, if not there always the best red neck way " wife car "

:beer::beer::nono::beer::beer:

:d

Attachments

• Sledincar.jpg
    Sledincar.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 53
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 235

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the 6 foot deck with an extension for the same reason as above for towing and in the the city plus then you can use it yr round for quads and sleds, hauling material or other such stuff.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Can you load with the extension in place? I had a dealer tell me on the weekend that you cannot. :confused: I'm looking for a 6 or 7 foot so I can pull the enclosed without removing the deck, but I also want to be able to use a extension for when the long tracks go on the deck.

We make a 6', 7' and 8'.

We also make an extension so that you can run a 6' deck in the city (or for quads with a travel trailer) and on the weekend you just fold out the extension for sleds.

Come by and see us or visit one of our dealers.

Marathon Decks - Aluminum Welded Decks, Sled Decks, Snowmobile Decks, ATV Decks, Quad - HOME

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you load with the extension in place? I had a dealer tell me on the weekend that you cannot. :confused: I'm looking for a 6 or 7 foot so I can pull the enclosed without removing the deck, but I also want to be able to use a extension for when the long tracks go on the deck.
You can load with the extension. Buddy of mine just bought on for his marathon for the same reason as you, works great.
How did the dealer say to use the extension? Load long tracks. Then install extension while holding sleds up. at destination lift up sleds, remove extension and unload sleds....Repeat at the end of each day.
Dealer needs a slap to the back of his/her head.

mudhound

Reaction score
anyone have any experiene towing a holiday trailer behind an 8 foot deck on a short box truck ? I know a hitch extension will be needed , I have a 26' thor trailer but I still want an 8 ft deck for my sleds

Top Bottom