6 litre fuel mileage.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does it when sitting still also. Its kind of like a belt whine. I'm thinking its iether the clutch fan or the power steering pump. I'm positve its not the output shaft. Thanks for your feed back. :beer:

a friend of mine had a 04 or 05 chevy with a 5.3 and his did that no matter what.. we replaced all kinds of stuff including the power steering pump and it didnt solve the problem... when he sold it a week later and then the a/c pump went . im not sure if that was the cause of the whine though.. kinda almost had a root's style s/c whine to it off idle though lol

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
a friend of mine had a 04 or 05 chevy with a 5.3 and his did that no matter what.. we replaced all kinds of stuff including the power steering pump and it didnt solve the problem... when he sold it a week later and then the a/c pump went . im not sure if that was the cause of the whine though.. kinda almost had a root's style s/c whine to it off idle though lol

Thats just it... I hate to spend a grand trying to figure out the problem. Maybe I'll just have to let her Blow!! Hopefully it don't leave me on the road somewhere :eek: Thanks :beer:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats just it... I hate to spend a grand trying to figure out the problem. Maybe I'll just have to let her Blow!! Hopefully it don't leave me on the road somewhere :eek: Thanks :beer:

Yea i know the feeling! haha i was looking at buying the truck and kinda passed the whine off as just part of the truck.. thank god i didnt buy it lol its been kinda lemon oh well .. good luck with the truck tho!

Top Bottom