6 guys looking to ride staurday

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
first time to revelstoke this weekend, was wondering what the best place to go was and how to go about getting there snow should be deep everywhere we hope, if somebody could help me out that would be fantastic, or maybe even give us a hand getting to staging area/ trial head and point us in the right direction up at the top of the mountain in return for some beers or dinner that night.
5 of us usually can go everywhere any needs us to go but all depends on the day hahaha, one beginner that we will need our help.
All of us have all required avalanche gear, and a understanding of avalanche terrain, also all have avalanche air bags, myself and another gentleman in the group have ast 1 courses.
Also all ride 800,long tracks,

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first time to revelstoke this weekend, was wondering what the best place to go was and how to go about getting there snow should be deep everywhere we hope, if somebody could help me out that would be fantastic, or maybe even give us a hand getting to staging area/ trial head and point us in the right direction up at the top of the mountain in return for some beers or dinner that night.
5 of us usually can go everywhere any needs us to go but all depends on the day hahaha, one beginner that we will need our help.
All of us have all required avalanche gear, and a understanding of avalanche terrain, also all have avalanche air bags, myself and another gentleman in the group have ast 1 courses.
Also all ride 800,long tracks,

Head to Boulder, it's down the highway over the bridge and take a right, follow the road and look for a staging area on the left side a couple mins down the road. It's about a 5 min drive from the city.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well. Before you head to boulder you should check the weather conditions. Not just for avy conditions but ceiling and fog. It can pack you in so tight and quick you won't be able to see 5 feet in front of you real quick. Will leave you lost and possibly for the night. Radios and gps are just as important as your beacon and your knowledge of terrain. I've been socked in on frisbymountain and couldn't find trail out cause of fog and have been riding there for 25 years it's that thick. There are some great guides in revy that might be a good option for your first trip there. It's a better choice then sitting at the cabin cause it's socked in. Lots of tree riding and other options a guide can take you too when the conditions aren't in favor. Enjoy your first trip to revy.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep good radios and a GPS is a must out there. Especially with new guys. Trying to find your way out in low vis with new guys getting stuck will be a night mare. The clouds can come very fast, it's notorious for that in revy.

You have enough guys to easily pay for a guide, I would. Also check drivebc.ca. That highway has been a disaster lately with Avalanche control, they got 70cm of snow in 48hours.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
everything is openas for highways and yes we have the Garmin gps radios, and we are waiting in till Saturday mourning to make a decision revy or golden for weather conditions

Top Bottom