6.0L superduty Diablo chip

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey my buddy is trying to sell his diablo Predator deisel chip for his super duty. i figured i would put it on here seeing how sledding season is starting and the toy haulers come out so you may need some extra ponys:d

it has a 60 horse, tow, and 100 horse setting he is wanting $300
it has been installed but for short time, you may even down load a 180 horse if needed.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That chip is about the worst one you can buy for the 6.0. I would save up and get a SCT from Innovative Diesel Performance with custom tunes.
Before you start towing big toy haulers with a tuner, there are some thing you shoud get like head studs, EGR delete.

Just for your info a 365vgt was only rated for 230hp from International so 325hp there are pretty hot to start with. If you have 3.73 gears I would start changing them first to 4.10 or 4.30

Have fun

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well he is just trying to sell it. i have ridden in it and it seems to work fine lots of power.

Get ready for head gaskets you'll need them! Predators build wicked amounts of cylinder pressure and kill 6.0L's. SCT all the way.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sct by innovative and I have replaced head gaskets and tranny so I would have to say it dont matter what programmer you have in time if you play you will pay.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sct by innovative and I have replaced head gaskets and tranny so I would have to say it dont matter what programmer you have in time if you play you will pay.

Well sorry to break it to all the 6.0L owners but they are an engine that is doomed to fail in stock form even. I had 4 of them and 1 was good.

To make them last you must have a good program/tuner that manages the transmission as well as the engine, (SCT does).

Head studs (mandatory)
EGR delete (mandatory)

The 06 and 07's were the most trouble free but still have the inherent design flaws that cannot be avoided. ( You have to fix them. ) If you do they are a pretty quick reliable ride. The only thing still on the table is the turbos, but they are way more reliable when the EGR is deleted.

Top Bottom