509 movie premier what did u Think?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body else go? I thought the movies kicked ass.

however not a fan of the venue what so ever pink walls and crown moulding in a historical theatre ? Usually I'm doing anything to avoid going to a place like that, yes it was cool to see a sled movie in a theatre setting but unless u were with the 509 crew there was no drinks or food in the theatre and u had your choice of beef jerky or hot dogs to eat in the lobby.

Also as far as the raffle goes I asked where the money went and couldn't get an Anwser? Seems strange usually a raffle goes towards a charity? Is 509 keeping it to pay for the 5 pairs of goggles they gave away and old evolution shirts hoodies and a few hats? Good job guys a company the size of 509 like really ? Not really pissed off about the amount of prizes that were given away but more so the fact that I could be lining some ones pockets?( I hope some one can prove me wrong on where the money was goin)

like I said before wicked movie but next time u guys throw a party give the boys from thunderstruck a call they will show u how to throw a party!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I didn't go and was a toss up where to go. It was poorly advertised and I was unclear if alcohol was going to be available. Important factor for me lol. 509 had there huge semi at the sled show last year and tons of selection but they didn't show this year. I think because of us shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BETTIE'S and Throttle Decisions premiere was a packed house, bazillions of door prizes, good food and lotsa wait staff bustin their butt to keep up ;). Just sayin..... :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BETTIE'S and Throttle Decisions premiere was a packed house, bazillions of door prizes, good food and lotsa wait staff bustin their butt to keep up ;). Just sayin..... :)
that's like saying your Jamaican vacation was bad because of weather and someone chiming in to say Mexico was great. just sayin

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They had booze great food and the 50/50 raised almost $1000 for the Canadian Avalanche Centre.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had fun, thought both movies were great and enjoyed some brews with the boys before the show as we were a couple of the first ones there. I like being in a theatre instead of a bar but wish I could have had beers in the seats. Was cool to be able to BS with a ton of the riders that were in the flick, especially Turkey Reinhardt he's just a beauty and his Powder Special is top shelf.

boostbaby

Reaction score
I had a great time at the 509 premiere! The movies flat out rocked and it was really cool to see so many talented riders all in the room together and get the chance to meet them all. Also great to see the kids in the audience and watching them get autographs from the riders they look up to! Great show guys :)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, and then peeps will post a thread wondering why these companies are coming less and less to the shows each year......

One person making accusations about where money is going and lack of prizes, others tossing in cheap shots.

Any other industry, people would be happy our sport is getting the kind of exposure that these filmakers like Tom D and guys like Jorli R give us, but not us sledders....

no wonder I'm becoming more and more of a recluse on the hill.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, and then peeps will post a thread wondering why these companies are coming less and less to the shows each year......

One person making accusations about where money is going and lack of prizes, others tossing in cheap shots.

Any other industry, people would be happy our sport is getting the kind of exposure that these filmakers like Tom D and guys like Jorli R give us, but not us sledders....

no wonder I'm becoming more and more of a recluse on the hill.
Are you feeling sensitive this morning? I only see one guy complaining and if he wants to go watch Betties, let him. I think what they do is great but I'll be watching the real pro sledders.

snowho

Reaction score
I have not seen it yet and the trailers are allot of ads probably not far off because I find that sled videos are full of them. However I would attend a premier or sled show if we had them in Calgary

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body else go? I thought the movies kicked ass.

however not a fan of the venue what so ever pink walls and crown moulding in a historical theatre ? Usually I'm doing anything to avoid going to a place like that, yes it was cool to see a sled movie in a theatre setting but unless u were with the 509 crew there was no drinks or food in the theatre and u had your choice of beef jerky or hot dogs to eat in the lobby.

Also as far as the raffle goes I asked where the money went and couldn't get an Anwser? Seems strange usually a raffle goes towards a charity? Is 509 keeping it to pay for the 5 pairs of goggles they gave away and old evolution shirts hoodies and a few hats? Good job guys a company the size of 509 like really ? Not really pissed off about the amount of prizes that were given away but more so the fact that I could be lining some ones pockets?( I hope some one can prove me wrong on where the money was goin)

like I said before wicked movie but next time u guys throw a party give the boys from thunderstruck a call they will show u how to throw a party!

I think this years 509 movie was the best I've seen yet. Better than last years by far.

I know for a fact venue choices were minimal due to a UFC fight happening the same night.

Also, 509 didn't put on the premiere but rather it was MSD (Mountain Sports Distribution). I can't speak to where the money went or why there weren't enough prizes for your liking tho....

I too was hoping for some food. We bolted just before the movie ended to go get food. Was pretty hungry by then.

But all in all I had a good time. Saw some friends, mingled, watched a sledding video and had a couple beverages. Can't really complain. :) :beer:

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The movies were great, I picked up both films. I thought it was awesome they combined Fourcast and 509 together in the same venue on the same night. I'm sure the theatre wasn't their first choice in venues, as stated above their was a lot going on that night. Unfortunately we left at the intermission as everyone in my group had been working the sled show all day. We scrambled to make it over their in time, and everyone was starving. Any other night I'm sure the venue would have been a great choice but we ended up leaving early so we could eat. I could care a less where the money went. I bought 10 tickets, both movies and $50 worth of raffle tickets. I'm sure it wasn't cheap to rent that theatre for the night, and it's not cheap to make these films. Great job on the videos!

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great time! Both movies were awesome but I think fourcast was better. It was really cool to be able to meet and talk to so many of the riders after the show.

snowrideadventures

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowrideadventures.com
Had a great time at the show, thx MSD and thx to everyone that attended!!!!!
audience.jpg lobby.jpg on screen.jpg theatre.jpg turkey.jpg

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to make it to both events, but I have accessibility issues, and heard the Betties event was standing room only. The theatre had super comfy seats, and it was all-ages. It was cool to see so many hot-shot riders in one place, and the video was sick!!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to make it to both events, but I have accessibility issues, and heard the Betties event was standing room only. The theatre had super comfy seats, and it was all-ages. It was cool to see so many hot-shot riders in one place, and the video was sick!!!!

The 509 and BETTIES premieres are two very different animals and both are great for different reasons, so it would have been nice to be able to support both! I wish we could have had the movie premieres on different nights. Would have loved to attend the 509 premiere: the 509 movie is always awesome and its THE sled movie I am most excited about buying and watching for the first time every sled season. I think the idea of actually getting to see it in vintage movie theatre is cool too :) As a mom, the idea of bringing my kids to an all ages event is really appealing ...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The 509 and BETTIES premieres are two very different animals and both are great for different reasons, so it would have been nice to be able to support both! I wish we could have had the movie premieres on different nights. Would have loved to attend the 509 premiere: the 509 movie is always awesome and its THE sled movie I am most excited about buying and watching for the first time every sled season. I think the idea of actually getting to see it in vintage movie theatre is cool too :) As a mom, the idea of bringing my kids to an all ages event is really appealing ...

But when the kids aren't around.......

richelle.jpg

Top Bottom