509 Carbon Fiber!

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, if you're interested in a new lid, Definitely check out the carbon fiber 509.

I wasn't in the market for a new helmet, had checked out the ad from here, and was like, oh, cool, a carbon helmet...My shitty Zox helmet I use for quadding will be fine for another year...
I went to the local sled dealer to replace my piss poor smith goggles I was running...and just asked if they had one....they did... the Evolution (in XL which is what I wear), I had it on for about 2 seconds...and I was hooked. Maybe going from my 300,000,000lb helmet, to this one that's under 3lb, but it's amazing. I used to take off my helmet at any stop to give my neck a rest, I never want to take this one off....warm, seals up nice with my goggles, so light, you seriously forget you're wearing it. I'm no pro, but I love this lid. makes even a day of ditch banging 10x better!!! I usually have this notion that Carbon fiber is reserved for douchebags that don't pull their sled from a landfill....but I LOVE this lid...

Attachments

• Carbon.jpg
    Carbon.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 363

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also went in for new visor bolts and came out with one, cant wait to wear it.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great looking helmet! I love my 509 helmet, they fit great for me, if I hadn't gotten a new helmet last year, I would def have gotten the carbon one this year.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a xxl carbon fibre from Mr.Rs. A couple weeks ago. I like it alot. Pretty sure it was 3 and change, 350 maybe, somewhere around there.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extremely nice helmet. I love the fit of the 509's one of the best helmets I have ever ridden with.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't lighter than that? I've got the Motorfist Dominator which is 1250 grams 2.75 lbs and it's not CF.
I agree the light weight is super nice!!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't lighter than that? I've got the Motorfist Dominator which is 1250 grams 2.75 lbs and it's not CF.
I agree the light weight is super nice!!!!
It's 1250 grams. I have been wearing the brp carbon for a few years and it also weighs the same as the 509. So nice to have a light bucket. I have one for quading and one for sledding. Plus the neck is not designed to have weight on it when your tumbling and bouncing during a crash so the lighter the better

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been tossing around getting one too. The only thing I am not sure of is the breath guard. How do you guys find they seal up around your nose?

The Dominator breath guard is awesome! The first guard I got with the helmet wasn't so good, the nose piece was off center and I could not get it to fit my face. A quick call to MotorFist and a new one was on it's way. The new one is completely different than the original one, snaps into the helmet easier and fits WAY better. I'm using Aviators as well and ZERO air gaps anywhere. I'm very impressed with the set up. If you are interested in pictures I can take a few and post them......

Last edited:

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The Dominator breath guard is awesome! The first guard I got with the helmet wasn't so good, the nose piece was off center and I could not get it to fit my face. A quick call to MotorFist and a new one was on it's way. The new one is completely different than the original one, snaps into the helmet easier and fits WAY better. I'm using Aviators as well and ZERO air gaps anywhere. I'm very impressed with the set up. If you are interested in pictures I can take a few and post them......

Did you mean 509 or are you talking about the MotorFist helmets?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you mean 509 or are you talking about the MotorFist helmets?
Pretty sure he is talking about Motorfist. I find the 509 breathbox to be pretty decent. The only problem I have with it is the little piece of velcro that is supposed to hold the angle in place. Tends to move, but once your goggles are on, it's solid with no gaps. The metal bit around the nose is nice, as you can bend it to match your nose, and since I have a very narrow bridge, it helps for me.

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attached a gopro to this hemet and where did you attach it? I was thinking of putting it below the goggle strap line but the curve of the helmet doesnt seem to match the 3m pad, it is just slightly off, is this a concern or will it flex a bit? I have never put one on before. Sorry a bit off topic but same helmet. Thanks

falconsledder

Reaction score

What is different about the breath guard, just got the Dominator and I was wondering what I should be looking for.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attached a gopro to this hemet and where did you attach it? I was thinking of putting it below the goggle strap line but the curve of the helmet doesnt seem to match the 3m pad, it is just slightly off, is this a concern or will it flex a bit? I have never put one on before. Sorry a bit off topic but same helmet. Thanks
I put the mount in the place you are thinking of. I don't have the carbon, but I think it is the same mold and shape as the standard helmet. Just make sure the helmet and mount are warm, clean and dry. I just used my fingers to hold it on there, it will flex slightly. the padding on the mount compresses enough to get a solid hold on there.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got the 509 carbon fibre for Christmas. I am looking forward to trying it out. I always had a sore neck after sledding from the weight of my helmet. I can't believe how light this helmet is!!!!

Top Bottom