5 am sights

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving at 5 am this morning I see something on the road, get closer it's a bicycle. Get even closer, their is a guy standing beside it wrestling with three large objects. As I get beside him I see they are three large pieces of exhaust with the catalytic converters.

Effin thieves stealing diesel exhausts again.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya had those dodge mirror flipped up ya could have just clipped him on the way by no one the wiser

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly I did nothing. Kept driving. Would like to have done something but it was close to my house and my truck is fairly easily identifiable.
Thought about calling the cops but figured it would be a complete waste of my time. Courts here are so busy with increased crime I hear they are throwing out cases left and right.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly I did nothing. Kept driving. Would like to have done something but it was close to my house and my truck is fairly easily identifiable.
Thought about calling the cops but figured it would be a complete waste of my time. Courts here are so busy with increased crime I hear they are throwing out cases left and right.

Wtf that's lame.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to say but you are part of the problem call the cops let them decide their fate

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But u could have got the low life bastage caught, think of if u where the other guys with ur $2000.00 cat missing

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but i have been down that road before. Goes like this. I call and tell them what I seen. They put me on hold for 15 mins. I explain again to someone else and they say well how do you know he stole them, did you see him steel them. I say no. They say well we will send someone out when their free. Meaning they will be long gone by the time someone decides to show up.

I Have tried to get people caught on several occasions and I know from experience it's not worth wasting my time. I feel bad for the people that got their stuff stolen however I carry insurance to protect against this sort of thing. If I seen someone cutting the exhaust it would be a different story.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally Bull Manure.

I have read post after post after post of all you internet tough guys calling out others saying "i would have......." The guys are right if you did nothing you are part of the problem. Just wait one day that will be your exhaust or mirrors or your whole truck.

Couldn't even muster the confidence to dial 911?

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally Bull Manure.

I have read post after post after post of all you internet tough guys calling out others saying "i would have......." The guys are right if you did nothing you are part of the problem. Just wait one day that will be your exhaust or mirrors or your whole truck.

Couldn't even muster the confidence to dial 911?

I have to agree with S.W.A.T. At least try and make a difference.

Confronting people in a stressful situation isn't for everyone. Trust me when I say if it doesn't go your way in the eyes of the law and you end up in Barney it SUCKS because some where along the way we give the criminal all the rights and that right there is the biggest load of BS we have to eat everyday. Why the inmates have the damn keys is still a mystery to me. A call to 911 at least increases the chances of someone getting looked at for being a douche nozzle who knows what comes of it. Got to start somewhere.

S.W.A.T if someone actually stepped up and give some thieving piece of crap the beats I would hope he/she wouldn't brag about it on a public forum :rolleyes:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with S.W.A.T. At least try and make a difference.

Confronting people in a stressful situation isn't for everyone. Trust me when I say if it doesn't go your way in the eyes of the law and you end up in Barney it SUCKS because some where along the way we give the criminal all the rights and that right there is the biggest load of BS we have to eat everyday. Why the inmates have the damn keys is still a mystery to me. A call to 911 at least increases the chances of someone getting looked at for being a douche nozzle who knows what comes of it. Got to start somewhere.

S.W.A.T if someone actually stepped up and give some thieving piece of crap the beats I would hope he/she wouldn't brag about it on a public forum :rolleyes:

It's not about giving someone the beats, well sometimes it is, but it's more about doing something, ANYTHING. So many people on here complaining about thieving b-tards and by doing nothing it is giving them the power. The cops can't do their job if the people don't let them know what's going on. Maybe it wouldn't have done any good but maybe it would have. Saying nothing and doing nothing in my books is the same as helping the guy.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm so disappointed in society today. People just could care less about criminals anymore. Listening to the drive 106.7 this morning in red deer and during the news they say a guy tried to pick up a 9 year old girl on her way to school. Then said if you want to a description of the suspect go to our drive app. So getting hits on your stupid app is way more important than taking 10 seconds to give a description. What a joke. I could have been driving right beside this duesch bag and called 911.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The criminals and vandals are not scared. We share a parking lot at work with the Police as we work out of the same building. They try break into our vehicles and vandalism them in the parking lot next to a Police car. Or toss eggs on them.

Pictures do help.

Top Bottom