4x4 truck troubles

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 dodge 3 quarter ton 4x4 that does what is similar to a power hop when I hit a big crack or pot hole on the hiway!I replaced ball joints that were slightly wore and it got slightly better.Then I replaced both front shocks and it got a little better but the hop would still show up!I then replaced stabilizer bar shock with a heavier one but problem was still there!Front end feels tight with no visible damage.My mechanic says try rebalancing my tires but there is no shake until you hit a bump!Tires are wearing properly,no cupping,truck doesn't pull or drift when you let go of the wheel it just does this violent hopping every once and a while!You damn near have to stop to get it to stop hopping!I never had a truck do this before and I don't feel like paying 100 + dollars an hour for a mechanic to guess what it is when enough guys on here might have an idea where to start looking!!Any help would be great!!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh you have the famous dodge death wobble. I finally cured mine by doing the following:

-Dynatrac prosteer balljoints, the oem balljoints are junk and moogs are just as bad, carli, dynatrac and xrf are really the only good options out there
-Updated steering linkage with a fresh steering stabilizer from pro comp (not that junk one dodge gives you)
-got rid of the bf goodrich all terrains and put on a set of toyo at's
-proper alignment.

Hope this helps.

andystepper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nuff said....there isn't a dodge around weyburn/estevan area without this. invented by a local person and IT WORKS.

Top Bottom