450r or big bore

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have done some thinking im stuck in between keeping my 04 honda trx450r or trade it for s big bore 4x4 id only get a 650 or bigger if i do trade but what do you guys think i should do

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Back when the sport quads came out he big bores didn't have what they do now. The new ones have gobs of power and speed. I still live riding my 450 just because it's so nimble. Tough call.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Back when the sport quads came out he big bores didn't have what they do now. The new ones have gobs of power and speed. I still live riding my 450 just because it's so nimble. Tough call.

it is i have rode qudboy55's 850 many times i like it he switched from a yfz but i love the snap of a 450

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess thats why I picked up a SXS. I have my 450 still and my wife has a raptor 250. Nice to ride both depending on the mood. I know that is not an option for most though

Dynamic

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat, got a 450 cause all my buddies had racers and now 3 years later I want a big bore. Getting stuck, no reverse, and riding double with my wife have got me thinking i'll be selling the 450r and getting a 4x4 this spring.

If anybody wants a completely stock 06TRX450 let me know

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of riding you do. Are you ripping around on a track or playing on the trails? Most of the trail riding around Edmonton is not sport quad friendly, lots of mud and areas where reverse is a must. Thats why I have my RMZ450 and my king quad. The bike is for airing out and hitting the mx track and the king quad is for when I'm out on the trail with family and friends exploring.

If your riding in any amount of mud, do yourself a favour and get a 4x4. My cousin sold his YFZ a few years back, got on an 800 sportsman and hasn't regretted his decision.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat, got a 450 cause all my buddies had racers and now 3 years later I want a big bore. Getting stuck, no reverse, and riding double with my wife have got me thinking i'll be selling the 450r and getting a 4x4 this spring.

If anybody wants a completely stock 06TRX450 let me know
yea same story here not a big fan of track the one thing i will miss is playing in the sand and the snap

Depends on what kind of riding you do. Are you ripping around on a track or playing on the trails? Most of the trail riding around Edmonton is not sport quad friendly, lots of mud and areas where reverse is a must. Thats why I have my RMZ450 and my king quad. The bike is for airing out and hitting the mx track and the king quad is for when I'm out on the trail with family and friends exploring.

If your riding in any amount of mud, do yourself a favour and get a 4x4. My cousin sold his YFZ a few years back, got on an 800 sportsman and hasn't regretted his decision.
ride lots of muddy trails i make my sport quad go down all the muddy trails its just not as much fun as trying to crawl through all the big skeg holes

Top Bottom