4 up enclosed trailer Stolen

beeledf

Reaction score
I had a boot on the wheel, a pin lock and a hitch lock. They stole the trailer and my two sleds from the back of a house in a busy neighbourhood where I was storing my stuff. I found out about it when I got a bylaw ticket for parking in an emergency lane. They took my trailer and parked it behind a body shop and I got a ticket mailed to me. A tracker on the trailer at least gets you to the guy that knows where the rest of your toys are. I can tell you from experience, its the best way to catch any of these guys. They don't care about making noise, being seen... nothing. And they don't care about stickers. It take them about 3 minutes to call BS on a sticker......They know that even when they are caught, a couple days in Remand and a Judge will always let them out on bail......and usually its a no cash bail. Go with leg hold traps and tiger pits

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a security camera system for my house. I will have two HD cameras pointed at my trailer at all times.

I am hoping that the existence o the cameras will convince them to look elsewhere

XanderKane

Reaction score
I wonder if getting some stickers made up that say "Warning: All trailers and vehicles on this property are monitored with GPS tracking devices", or something along those lines would slow these losers down.

Hate to break it to you but meth heads don't read or care about stickers/cameras. I deal with them and these thefts on a daily basis. If you have nice stuff they will do everything they can for an other hit of the pipe. Until the judicial system changes their punishment for property and drug offences you won't see this situation get any better anytime soon. If they want your stuff they will get it.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but meth heads don't read or care about stickers/cameras. I deal with them and these thefts on a daily basis. If you have nice stuff they will do everything they can for an other hit of the pipe. Until the judicial system changes their punishment for property and drug offences you won't see this situation get any better anytime soon. If they want your stuff they will get it.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Except nothing will stop them as they dont care about anything but getting high right now. They will do what ever it takes to get high and that is all they think about, when the high wears off they start the mission again.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why stop at stickers. I have a Spot Tracker hidden in my sled trailer. It texts me every day to say its working and shows me on the app exactly were it is. I lent the trailer to a buddy to sled in Vale. It tracked and showed on app their path every 10 min. When the trailer told me it was coming to Edmonton 3 days early at 1am and I couldnt get hold of buddy I drove out and tracked it. I seen my trailer at Wabumun so turned and came up to it. Turns out buddy wrecked his sled and they came back early. Were its parked now if the wind blows up hard it texts detects movment so its not going anywere and noone is in it without me knowing. You can put one on sled were it cant be seen as well. It just has to be seen by satilite. It will tell you if its in a good spot or not. You can get these on promotion for free just pay the $23.00 monthly subscription. Bought mine at Cycleworks and sent in copy of recipt to Spot and in a month got a cheque back for purchace price.

I have three of these, move them around to different things when I need to. $99 a year subscription. They send me a message every day that they are still functioning and let me know when it moves. Also sends a message when batteries are low. Sneak one in the vehicle when the kids take it to keep an eye on them too. Still lock everything up but if it disappears at least I know I can follow it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have three of these, move them around to different things when I need to. $99 a year subscription. They send me a message every day that they are still functioning and let me know when it moves. Also sends a message when batteries are low. Sneak one in the vehicle when the kids take it to keep an eye on them too. Still lock everything up but if it disappears at least I know I can follow it.

This seems like a cheaper route to go, but what if the wrong toy has the Spot in it, when another one gets taken?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This seems like a cheaper route to go, but what if the wrong toy has the Spot in it, when another one gets taken?

Mainly move them around when toys are on the road. When they aren't they are locked in my shop on acerage. Not a perfect scenario but sure cuts down the risks. Would be different if living in city for sure. But how many people have been screwed over by an insurance claim before? $99 a year is a pretty cheap back up to insurance. Jmo.

Top Bottom