4 up enclosed trailer Stolen

Harp

Reaction score
Some time last night my 4 up enclosed trailer and 4 sleds were stolen from an acreage 6 miles north of Wetaskiwin.

They must not have been the sharpest tacks in the pack as the trailer came unhitched about 8 miles west of there and ended up in the ditch.

Happy ending as they just left it there and the RCMP had it returned to me early today.

Always use the correct size ball.

Always cross Chain.

I posted this just to remind everyone to be diligent and secure your toys etc.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some time last night my 4 up enclosed trailer and 4 sleds were stolen from an acreage 6 miles north of Wetaskiwin.

They must not have been the sharpest tacks in the pack as the trailer came unhitched about 8 miles west of there and ended up in the ditch.

Happy ending as they just left it there and the RCMP had it returned to me early today.

Always cross Chain.

Glad to hear you got your stuff back. Too bad they weren't caught.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how was your trailer secured? I do a number of things with mine, but I always wonder if it will even slow someone down.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Always cross Chain.

any damage?

Harp

Reaction score
Trailer hitch lock and a padlock on the hitch all doors with locks. A hammer made short work of all locks.

Attachments

• 20151107_152252_resized.jpg
    20151107_152252_resized.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 411

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I wonder if getting some stickers made up that say "Warning: All trailers and vehicles on this property are monitored with GPS tracking devices", or something along those lines would slow these losers down.

Last edited:

Harp

Reaction score
I second that emotion... I feel very lucky to still have my trailer and sleds with minor repairs. I guess you can put locks, tire boots etc on and if they want it they will find a way.

I need to talk to an electrician see if i could wire it for 220....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy had trailer well locked up, thieves went through side with an axe, Opened door on inside, emptied it out!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second that emotion... I feel very lucky to still have my trailer and sleds with minor repairs. I guess you can put locks, tire boots etc on and if they want it they will find a way.

I need to talk to an electrician see if i could wire it for 220....
a couple capacitors should do the trick haha

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if getting some stickers made up that say "Warning: All trailers and vehicles on this property are monitored with GPS tracking devices", or something along those lines would slow these losers down.
Why stop at stickers. I have a Spot Tracker hidden in my sled trailer. It texts me every day to say its working and shows me on the app exactly were it is. I lent the trailer to a buddy to sled in Vale. It tracked and showed on app their path every 10 min. When the trailer told me it was coming to Edmonton 3 days early at 1am and I couldnt get hold of buddy I drove out and tracked it. I seen my trailer at Wabumun so turned and came up to it. Turns out buddy wrecked his sled and they came back early. Were its parked now if the wind blows up hard it texts detects movment so its not going anywere and noone is in it without me knowing. You can put one on sled were it cant be seen as well. It just has to be seen by satilite. It will tell you if its in a good spot or not. You can get these on promotion for free just pay the $23.00 monthly subscription. Bought mine at Cycleworks and sent in copy of recipt to Spot and in a month got a cheque back for purchace price.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Why stop at stickers. I have a Spot Tracker hidden in my sled trailer. It texts me every day to say its working and shows me on the app exactly were it is. I lent the trailer to a buddy to sled in Vale. It tracked and showed on app their path every 10 min. When the trailer told me it was coming to Edmonton 3 days early at 1am and I couldnt get hold of buddy I drove out and tracked it. I seen my trailer at Wabumum so turned and came up to it. Turns out buddy wrecked his sled and they came back early. Were its parked now if the wind blows up hard it texts detects movment so its not going anywere and noone is in it without me knowing. You can put one on sled were it cant be seen as well. It just has to be seen by satilite. It will tell you if its in a good spot or not. You can get these on promotion for free just pay the $23.00 monthly subscription. Bought mine at Cycleworks and sent in copy of recipt to Spot and in a month got a cheque back for purchace price.

Is it $23 per month, PER UNIT? Cause I have a lot of toys that I'd like to monitor, so that could get real expensive, real fast.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes per unit I have one in trailer and I move this one between sxs and sled. You have alot of EXPENSIVE toys isnt 23 a month good insurance that you know were it is?

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the stickers that say "all valuables removed from car" stop a thief or give him incentive to break in and check. Its up to you though.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spot trace devices in my trailer after buddy got trailer stolen, not sure if better to advertise they are there or not and catch the scum.

ps, subscription is $100 US per year, unit was $120. I figured that's less than tank of gas for sub / yr so am ok with that.

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked spot web site, spot trace, sat phone and emerg beacon free with subscription till dec 31. I have the phone and its $42.00 month subscription
FREE SPOT HOLIDAY OFFERS

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have spot trace devices in my trailer after buddy got trailer stolen, not sure if better to advertise they are there or not and catch the scum.

ps, subscription is $100 US per year, unit was $120. I figured that's less than tank of gas for sub / yr so am ok with that.

Well.... $130 per year is MUCH better than $23 per month. That's for sure.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad sorry the 23.00 is for the messanger I have and the spot trace tracker is 100.00 us per year per unit

Top Bottom