4 Stroke or nothing

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question Guys - Found a good deal on a 2017 sidewinder. Just curious if there’s enough difference between the ‘18 - ‘19 to warrant spending the extra cash?

I bought my 2017 last year as a hold over, I talked to a few Yami reps and they said for the $3000 in savings that the 2018 wasn't worth the extra cost.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4535.jpg KEN_4630.jpg
I have a 2014 174 Boost It Viper, no head shim.
I am looking to dial her in better. Handling and performance. It has the baker rear skid with elka shock. Thinking of installing the zbroz front shock spring. it also has the zbroz 38" a arms and zbroz shocks. Turbo kit all boost it other than the short header pipe.
Can pm me. Thanks advance

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-ed muscle from digging it out all day!

couldnt resist, happy trails meng!!

Come on dude really....again with the weight jokes....that’s what my entourage is for. Lol

I’m going to get me one of these...and seeing my SW stuck will be only a myth.
F1D7960E-3D35-49D2-A518-0586DC24EE6A.jpeg
Hopefully I don’t drive myself over

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question Guys - Found a good deal on a 2017 sidewinder. Just curious if there’s enough difference between the ‘18 - ‘19 to warrant spending the extra cash?

If i had a 2017, 2018 and a 2019 sitting in front of me and could save a bunch by going with the oldest model year, i'ed be picking up the 17.
The only big difference is the drop and roll of the cases. Too some that's improved to other's its more of a hindrance of getting smashed or driver damage.
There is also a slight intake change but aftermarket kits for intake are better, there are plenty of guys running stock intake and no problems.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on dude really....again with the weight jokes....that’s what my entourage is for. Lol

View attachment 213224

Your planning ahead LOL, that is my wife's job and about the closes she get's to riding the Winder. She's scared of it LOL
Plus Winder's don't get stuck, that's just an uneducated rumor from the 2 smoke crowd, they just get delayed.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 213224

super chill man, I’m a fan of the 4 stroke revolution. Just like to sneak em in where I can...but I got thick skin so can take it.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 sidewinder mtx.

Hit reverse button nothing happens and code sd-08 comes up on dash! Shut sled off code goes away but same thing happens when I hit reverse button, anyone else have this happen on their sidewinders??

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 sidewinder mtx.

Hit reverse button nothing happens and code sd-08 comes up on dash! Shut sled off code goes away but same thing happens when I hit reverse button, anyone else have this happen on their sidewinders??

Could be your reverse actuator motor if it doesn’t engage reverse you may need a new one. Might have to take it in. Not sure if that’s a warranty item or not.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 sidewinder mtx.

ive had issues with my reverse and sd-08 code. Typically I have it out a cog and it locks into that groove and won’t actuate it...or like xmrider163 said is your actuator. Pull it off. Start the sled and see if it rotates. If it does follow the procedure in the service manual to install it. You can down load the service manual in my 174 build thread at the end.

Last edited:

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2017 sidewinder mtx.

Mine is doing the same thing, went to go use reverse and straight to code SD-08. Took the reverse actuator off and tried it to see if there was any movement and nothing. Opened it up and full of water/moisture around the motor so Im assuming its toast.

Yamaha part # 8JP-G616A-10-00 $189.27
Arctic Cat part # 0630-347 $190.95

Last edited:
Top Bottom