4 seater side by side

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you out there running a 4 seater? Love it, hate it? Regrets? I’m pondering a machine for myself and my family, but not sure what would be a good choice. I was thinking either a Yamaha Wolverine, or maybe a Kawi Teryx 4.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 seater teryx. Great in the bush. Pulled elk and moose out with it. Both my dad and brother have one. Been really good machines for the abuse they have been put thru. The long travel isn’t as bad as I though it would be. Lock in the dif and a way you go.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 seater teryx. Great in the bush. Pulled elk and moose out with it. Both my dad and brother have one. Been really good machines for the abuse they have been put thru. The long travel isn’t as bad as I though it would be. Lock in the dif and a way you go.

How’s the 700 for power? I have an 04, 660 Rhino and she’s no powerhouse, that’s for sure. Decent cargo space too?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s no 1000 that’s for sure. For what we do with them they fit the bill. Hunting and cruising around the farm. We don’t always have the kids in with us so you have more space with empty back seats for sure.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy runs a T. rex loves it

And he drives the crap out of it

Been really good on trails.

Deep mud a little under powered.

mitty26

Reaction score
We got a 4 seat teryx. It’s been a good machine , kids love it. Like others have said it’s no Rzr but for a 4 seat it’s hard to beat. The nice thing is it’s not long like a bus and will fit in a 12 toy hauler. I did a cage chop on it and that really smartened up the big tall boxy look imho.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy runs a T. rex loves it

And he drives the crap out of it

Been really good on trails.

Deep mud a little under powered.

For the amount of mud I’ll ride, I’m sure it would be great. I’m used to an underpowered Rhino so I’m sure almost anything would be an improvement.

We got a 4 seat teryx. It’s been a good machine , kids love it. Like others have said it’s no Rzr but for a 4 seat it’s hard to beat. The nice thing is it’s not long like a bus and will fit in a 12 toy hauler. I did a cage chop on it and that really smartened up the big tall boxy look imho.

Awesome, I’m glad to hear that your kids love it. I also like the shorter wheel base as oppose to the greyhound bus of a Rzr. Do you have any pics of your cage chop?

Bulldog Racing

Reaction score
We have the 4 seat RZR 1000. Love it for lots of things - smoother than a two seater, goes thru mud better, room to haul extra kids or a couple of friends, BUT

Its a pain to haul anywhere - won't fit in typical 12' trailer / toyhauler. Even putting it into the sled trailer (4 Place) they're tight on width.
If you get in tight trails, it's long.
Takes up way more garage space.

If we were gonna do it again, we'd go 2 seater. The kids are getting old enough now they either don't want to go, or they want to drive on their own machine.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven’t, but considering most options. At least I was, until the province declared an all out war on fun. Full fire and OHV ban comes into effect at midnight tonight.

in forest protection areas, and provincial parks/recreation areas.

All area's in PINK on this map.

1_4831622.jpg

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Still over a foot of snow in areas here. Might start a fire with 5 gallons of fuel but I highly doubt a spark or hot exhaust would start anything.

look how quick that all changed a few years back.....

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look how quick that all changed a few years back.....

I remember, believe me. I was out on the Rhino a week or so before the fire and it was very dry. This year, areas are at risk of flooding because of snow.
I get it, it’s just a major buzz kill with everything else that’s going on.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember, believe me. I was out on the Rhino a week or so before the fire and it was very dry. This year, areas are at risk of flooding because of snow.
I get it, it’s just a major buzz kill with everything else that’s going on.
100% it is. It's frustrating. I'm taking it in stride. We've been hit financially with work changes altering plans for our new sxs among other things. Right now I just want to get hooked onto the holiday trailer and get it somewhere that it can be used on weekends as an escape.

Top Bottom