4 place trailer brands

hmmc

Reaction score
Was shopping around for a new 4 place enclosed does anyone have pros and cons of the brand they own. Or recomend any trailer dealers to see or talk to thanks

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally have a haulmark trailer and since the day i bought it from allen dale in red deer i have had nothing but trouble with it, the side door studs were welded out of square and the brakes never worked properly. I have spent a lot of time working on Charmac trailers sold in ponoka at don laing trailers and i really like the way their built and the way they are finished.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've been using a featherlight for almost 10 years and naver had a problem. The trailer is super light for an enclosed and pulls awsome.
Its a 20 foot with a vnose and we can easily fit all four of our machines and sometimes 5.
I think allen-dale in red deer is a dealer as well.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have hauled a few and I now own a 4 place Charmac...Charmac pulls down the highway right behind the truck..I can run 125-130 km if i want and it just follows. The axles have just the right spread to make sure it will not wobble down the road. I have had no issues at all with the trailer. I have seen others that the roof has caved in because of the snow..by careful..do it right the first time. That seems like the path you are taking by asking.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a continental cargo, it was good for the price, but the aluminum around the doors is coming off( broken screws), the factory weather stripping wasn't good at all, but other than that it is nice to tow, but for $10,500 I thought that is was a good deal for a 29' trailer.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
We have a Mirage Xtreme Sport and love it. The quality is great and also the covering they have on their floor rocks. Carbides dont even mark it yet it has traction. You can walk right up the ramp in -30 below and your boots rarely slip. We have definately been impressed. My one reccomendation no matter what brand you choose is make sure the front door is wide enough. One of the features we liked about the Mirage is the way it "wraps" around the corner. The extra room is nice. 100_0110.jpg

100_0111.jpg

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the trailer we bought last year, super light, no problems yet. Bought at Advantage Trailer World on 156st and 111Ave
Same as on the wesite but ours doesnt have the wheelwells coming into the storage area

Canadian Rocky Mtn Edition 28 Hardwall Mid-Deckw/40,000 BTU Furnace - 2009

Price : $ 17995
Financing : Available
Doors : 3
Exterior Colour : White
Tires : 15" Radials
Frame : Steel
Description : ONE PC FIBERGLASS HARDWALL----40,000BTU Ducted Furnace----,In-floor Batteries,Converter,Propane Tank, Insulated Walls & Ceiling, 110V pkg, Roof Vents, White Walls & Ceiling, RV Man Door w/Screen Door. Spring Assist Front & Rear Ramp Doors, In-Floor Tie-down System, CD/AM/FM Sterio,Power Jack, Drop Dwn Rear Jacks, Alum. Wheels, Spare Tire, LED Lights, must see...

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a continental cargo, it was good for the price, but the aluminum around the doors is coming off( broken screws), the factory weather stripping wasn't good at all, but other than that it is nice to tow, but for $10,500 I thought that is was a good deal for a 29' trailer.

I have the 18' Continental Cargo but went with the hardwall ($10,000). I think that they could have done a bit better of a job with the wiring and some of the finish work.But the trailer is rock solid,tows nice and have taken it on some real nasty logging roads this summer and it handled it well (torsion suspension) I undercoated the bottom of it when it was new, I believe it will be a good trailer for years to come....:beer:

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also boght a fiberglass hardwall from advantage trailer 28 ft,2 overhead cupboards,infloor tie downs,5200 lbs torsion axles as well as many other nice features ie 40k furnace excellent pulling,no problems so far made by forest river....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds really nice...but a photo or two would be nice so we can find you in the mountains...lol...
i also boght a fiberglass hardwall from advantage trailer 28 ft,2 overhead cupboards,infloor tie downs,5200 lbs torsion axles as well as many other nice features ie 40k furnace excellent pulling,no problems so far made by forest river....

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 18' Continental Cargo but went with the hardwall ($10,000). I think that they could have done a bit better of a job with the wiring and some of the finish work.But the trailer is rock solid,tows nice and have taken it on some real nasty logging roads this summer and it handled it well (torsion suspension) I undercoated the bottom of it when it was new, I believe it will be a good trailer for years to come....:beer:

we also undercoated the bottom when we bought it, i do agree with the wiring the single back brake light is not even work on mine, just blinks every once and a while. but it is rock solid.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we also undercoated the bottom when we bought it, i do agree with the wiring the single back brake light is not even work on mine, just blinks every once and a while. but it is rock solid.

The 2008 came with the two brake lights. I would look at your ground wire sounds like it is loose.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new TNT from FOT in Oakatoks(high river now) and they had some good prices and the service was good. I got a 27' 4 place for 8600 out the door. it was brand new and they had white and black but i took the white as the black was out of stock and i needed one that week. But they are fairly good guys for sure and they are all sledders too.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We are running a Triton 4 place trailer, we can get four long tracks and a shorty in loading backwards. Picked up ours in Taber from IMEX. It has been a really good trailer so far.

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
We have a Mirage Xtreme Sport and love it. The quality is great and also the covering they have on their floor rocks. Carbides dont even mark it yet it has traction. You can walk right up the ramp in -30 below and your boots rarely slip. We have definately been impressed. My one reccomendation no matter what brand you choose is make sure the front door is wide enough. One of the features we liked about the Mirage is the way it "wraps" around the corner. The extra room is nice.View attachment 13185

View attachment 13186

We have the same trailer, but pull it with a Ford.

Its been an awesome trailer, except the tie down rings on the floor ripped of very easily.
We use thru bolted super clamp bars now.

MrMotoSki

Reaction score
We've used a number of different brands over the years, then last November I bought a model 4929 - 24 ft Featherlite with 6ft V nose, 10000gvw Combo (Sled / Car) and have never been happier. Quality is excellent, and tows like a dream. Put 60,000 km on over the past year hauling sleds. Holds 4 mtn sleds with lots of room for gear or 7 vintage sleds.
You pay more, but I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for.
Allendale & Grassland Trailer sale both sell them although Allendale is the Western Canada distributor I believe.

Top Bottom