4.3l ENGINE CRACKED BLOCK.

clutchy1

Reaction score
you get this thing figured out and out on the water this year? its almost time to drain the block an put er away for the winter!! lol

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Got it done. So after Spending Good Money at Dealer and having it on the dyno and on computer and checked over this spring and they said it was fine and nothing was wrong. So what i found, Wrong spark plugs where installed by the guys who built the engine and second was complete left bank of spark plugs backed out 1/4 inch. Installed factory spark plugs. Went to water and got one of these :eek: and one these :yahoo: . Everything was 100% better. Bought some Lucas octane booster just to try on the weekend just to see if it would make any difference ,hole shot was way better and quicker also top end rpms even pulled higher.
So Big Thanks to everyones help and ideas.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Got it done. So after Spending Good Money at Dealer and having it on the dyno and on computer and checked over this spring and they said it was fine and nothing was wrong. So what i found, Wrong spark plugs where installed by the guys who built the engine and second was complete left bank of spark plugs backed out 1/4 inch. Installed factory spark plugs. Went to water and got one of these :eek: and one these :yahoo: . Everything was 100% better. Bought some Lucas octane booster just to try on the weekend just to see if it would make any difference ,hole shot was way better and quicker also top end rpms even pulled higher.
So Big Thanks to everyones help and ideas.

What do I win? .....glad to hear you got it going

clutchy1

Reaction score
So glad to hear man, glad it didnt cost you any more money other than some plugs, i guess that just adds to that KISS theory, keep it simple stupid, Have fun on the water!!( an make sure ya pull them drain plugs out, another cracked block would suck!!!

Top Bottom