3M paint protection cost?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what I'd be looking at price wise to have the 3M protective film installed on the front of my pickup? Anyone on here do this or know what it runs? Thanks.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i spent about 500 at the dealer to get my front bumper and half of hood done on my 2012 ram.....2014 ish
350 for bumper i think

I wanna say smart brands on 156st Crosstown farmed it out to. I dont recommend them anyway, the person who did mine dont work there anymore

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One
Just curious what I'd be looking at price wise to have the 3M protective film installed on the front of my pickup? Anyone on here do this or know what it runs? Thanks.
My friend has a shop in Edmonton just off Yellowhead and 156 street.
Showtime performance. He’s a one-man shop And been doing this for 30 years.
Greg 780-443-7469

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One

My friend has a shop in Edmonton just off Yellowhead and 156 street.
Showtime performance. He’s a one-man shop And been doing this for 30 years.
Greg 780-443-7469
I’ve been flipping trucks to the states every nine months brand new super duties. My last truck I did lock pillars roofline half hood full bumper grill mirrors. Was like 1200 bucks and I had it done at Airdrie truck. I have more rock chips on this truck than ever because I didn’t get it done at my buddy and they must use a cheaper film. I’m guessing there’s different thicknesses in film and quality

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh clearchoice is on 178st. I highly recommend them !!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get expel film , there is a difference in the quality of the film. You can get the front of the truck done for about 1500bucks. If your truck is ceramic coated, you cannot do the film.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for responding. Truck won’t be here till October, but I will get it done ASAP

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thanks to all for responding. Truck won’t be here till October, but I will get it done ASAP
Keep an eye on the cruize 95.7 FM website. they do auctions a couple times a year and I got a $650 expel package for the M3 for $225 from Garage 104 on Calgary Trail.

Seem like great guys and I was pleased with the work.

I think they do the support local auctions every Spring & Fall

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Had my new Ford done in Nov with Expel from garage 104. Front, pillars and roofline for $900. Happy so far.
Did research on Expel. Seems like it out performs 3m and is self-healing after a rock etc.
I’m a huge 3m fan so it was hard not to go that way.
There is my 2 cents.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Had my new Ford done in Nov with Expel from garage 104. Front, pillars and roofline for $900. Happy so far.
Did research on Expel. Seems like it out performs 3m and is self-healing after a rock etc.
I’m a huge 3m fan so it was hard not to go that way.
There is my 2 cents.
My first experience with expel was when Tom did the Miata at scorpion... the self healing is really cool. and it works.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last truck was from Airdrie and they used a local shop and it was excellent. current truck was from South Trail in Calgary and whoever they used must have used garbage film or bad application as edges are lifting and dirt is getting under in many areas. Do your homework as you would think a big shop like South Trail would know better rather than lose future business.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the front end of my ‘16 F350. Complete grill, headlights, fog lights, bumper, above windshield and sunroof for just under 900.00. Headlights lenses are still like new, only 1 rock chip that cut the tape on my bumper so far. I’ve done all my pickups like this, huge difference when you go to re-sell. If the 3M starts looking rough, I get it peeled and redone. Haven’t had to on this one yet. If you care what your vehicle looks like, then this is a great investment in my opinion

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my 2019 done by my buddy. Used better quality film that heals with hot water. Did lights, 1/4 hood, pillars, roof line, door jams and gas filler. Cost me $500 but was under table deal. Said it would normally cost around a $1000

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Had my 2019 done by my buddy. Used better quality film that heals with hot water. Did lights, 1/4 hood, pillars, roof line, door jams and gas filler. Cost me $500 but was under table deal. Said it would normally cost around a $1000
That's the Expel product

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 16 Ram has the entire front area done in Suntek, it had way more gloss factor for my Pearl paint than 3M. The bumper, fogs, headlights, all grill, front of hood, front of fenders, etc I think 14 pieces, then the a pillar, top of roof before sunroof, bottom 12” of the body/doors and the entire tail gate. It was roughly $1200

If I was doing it again I would just do the entire truck as I think it was $800 more. If you don’t want the entire truck done at least get the whole hood done. Sucks having a rock chip 2” past the protection. The tail gate is nice to have as things are always getting bumped against it for me. But when I look at the box sides from loading sleds, tying down things, and the odd chip in the doors, I wish I would have done it all. These trucks aren’t cheap so I feel anything to improve the chances of maintaining their appearance is worth while.

Calgary Paint Protection was who did mine. I think they were bought out or franchised by someone else. So something to consider is if you are worried about any possible warranty of the film will the place still be around during the warranty period.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to do my whole truck, I guess Ferraris come factory with a 3m like film over the entire car. Might even be 3m

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to do my whole truck, I guess Ferraris come factory with a 3m like film over the entire car. Might even be 3m
Really high end cars and people with big cheque books people often get a full paint correction, 3m or similar self healing protection and then apply ceramic coating over that... costs about 5k but looks like you have 10 coats of clear on it its pretty cool.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really high end cars and people with big cheque books people often get a full paint correction, 3m or similar self healing protection and then apply ceramic coating over that... costs about 5k but looks like you have 10 coats of clear on it its pretty cool.

You don’t have to do all that for a truck though. The modern protection films look as good or better than the paint in some cases as some enhance the colour or flake in the paint and no more power polish or waxing to deal with. Initial paint correction would be nice but again it’s a truck.

Though when trucks are $100k for new HD diesels, $2000-2500 is marginal over the cost of ownership.

Top Bottom