325/60/20 Studded Duratracs

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Hey all I've been running Duratracs for years on my trucks year around and love the look and performance of them but plan on changing it up abit this winter, does anyone have experience running Studded 325 Duratracs in the winter?

I currently run 325/60/20 on my 20x9" BMF wheels for the summer and 305/55/20 Studded Duratracs on my 20x9" MT wheels in the winter. The problem is my 305s are only 33" tall vs the 35.5" of my 325. The wheel well space looks dumb on my levelled f350 and my speedo goes out by 6km/hr which also racks up my odometer. Will the extra width of the 325 in the winter be that noticeable on my 9000lb truck? Going any narrower of a tire is not an option, I have flares and the proper offset of rims and 14" mudflaps so the 305 is the minimum.

Here are some pics:
Summer
IMG_1903.jpg

Winter
IMG_1654.jpg

Size Differences
IMG_1783.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg
IMG_1780.jpg

Last edited:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will notice the width difference 100%. I was surprised with the difference on my truck going from a 10.83" width to a 12" width tire, it felt like a crazy carpet. Either way, in your situation you are dealing with crazy carpets at 305 and even more so at 325.. nothing works as good as stock width or less for winter.

Clay911

Reaction score
I agree, you may say it looks dumb but the narrower your ego will let you run the safer you and everyone else on the road are. its a HUGE difference every tire size you go narrower.

No one wants to be the guy that hits the ditch with the truck or trailer and causes there buddys and them to miss sledding.

PS: Very nice truck

RazorSVT

Reaction score
You will notice the width difference 100%. I was surprised with the difference on my truck going from a 10.83" width to a 12" width tire, it felt like a crazy carpet. Either way, in your situation you are dealing with crazy carpets at 305 and even more so at 325.. nothing works as good as stock width or less for winter.

Two winters ago I ran stock rims with 285 studded Duratracs and noticed no difference Vs the current 9" wheels with the 305s. So that's why I'm wondering if it will even be that much of a difference now going up 20mm.

I agree, you may say it looks dumb but the narrower your ego will let you run the safer you and everyone else on the road are. its a HUGE difference every tire size you go narrower.

No one wants to be the guy that hits the ditch with the truck or trailer and causes there buddys and them to miss sledding.

PS: Very nice truck

I totally understand what your saying but just like in my response above, my 305 works great in snow and on ice, I've ran narrower and notice no difference. I also drive from Fort Mac to Thunder Bay, ON every Xmas threw horrible Hwy conditions and storms with no issues on the 305s so was wondering if the 325s would have a noticeable negative impact. Hopefully someone who has had experiences with them chimes in.

And thanks!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran studded dutatracs 325/60R20 on my 2011 f350. No problems at all. Was a long box though, so that might have helped.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will notice the difference for sure especially in the slush. I agree on the looks, your truck looks much better with the bigger boots on it. I think youll be fine with the bigger boots once yah get used to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will notice a small difference for sure. But will it be enough that you won't like it? Only one way to know for sure. You will get different opinions. I ran 325's on my dodge diesel in the winter but they were Fierce attitudes and were not studded. They did well surprising well for a mud tire but I will only run winter tires from now on.

RazorSVT

Reaction score
I ran studded dutatracs 325/60R20 on my 2011 f350. No problems at all. Was a long box though, so that might have helped.

I don't think long box would make a difference but thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

You will notice the difference for sure especially in the slush. I agree on the looks, your truck looks much better with the bigger boots on it. I think youll be fine with the bigger boots once yah get used to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you're right and thanks.

You will notice a small difference for sure. But will it be enough that you won't like it? Only one way to know for sure. You will get different opinions. I ran 325's on my dodge diesel in the winter but they were Fierce attitudes and were not studded. They did well surprising well for a mud tire but I will only run winter tires from now on.

I might get slammed for this but on my old 08 f350 KR I ran the Nokian Hap 2's in 275s and noticed no difference on the ice and packed snow thanks the Duratracs 305. But in deeper snow found the Duratracs better. Blasphemy I know. Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might get slammed for this but on my old 08 f350 KR I ran the Nokian Hap 2's in 275s and noticed no difference on the ice and packed snow thanks the Duratracs 305. But in deeper snow found the Duratracs better. Blasphemy I know. Lol

I believe yah, the duratracs have a great lug design. I ran them on my service truck, and just put a studded set on my personal truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True. When in the snow a deeper lug makes a difference. I am running cooper mud and snow this year. Ran them last year on the caddy and they were great so I got another set for the truck. These are not studded like the caddy ones but should be better in snow. If I bought them new I would have studded them.

DirtLUmp

Reaction score
Crappy tire has duratracs on sale for 25% off right now. Might be a good time to buy a set

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Crappy tire has duratracs on sale for 25% off right now. Might be a good time to buy a set

I actually just ordered them from crappy as they don't keep them in stock... $1620 ! Pretty good deal for the size!

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went the other way and just picked up a set of Duratracs 245/75R16 down from 265's. Gonna stud them and have some sweet traction this winter hopefully

Cash and Carry was just under $900

RazorSVT

Reaction score
I actually got ford to price match. I couldn't bring myself to let the goons at my local crappy touch my vehicle

i don't blame you, they won't be touching mine. Lol

I'm just dropping off my rims to them and will make the supervisor look at them for proof there's no scratches before they touch them. I'll put them on the truck in my shop.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run duratracs for the last 4 years. I have ran 285's and 325'swithout studs. I now run a set of 325's studded on the exact same truck. They work awesome. I agree that Goodyear needs to make some more sizes, I was in the exact same predicament. I decided to keep have a set for summer and one for winter. I found they work awesome and nothing really affects them until they are about 60%. Then they become slicks in the winter. Now I use the more worn set in summer and a newer set in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom