Ford Super Duty Alignment

skidoo6100

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2012 F350 with a leveling kit in the front and some add-a-leafs in the back. I run 325 60 20 Bfg's. The truck had the leveling kit in it when I bought it and the first time it went to Ford they said it needed a track bar drop bracket to center the front axle. So I bought an adjustable track bar, and the truck went in today to have it installed and have a alignment.

Once the track bar was installed one of the mechanics said I didn't need it, they had done 6" lifts with no track bar change. He then said I didn't need a alignment either. I said do it anyway, I wanted to see what the number were.

Camber is -0.8 on left and +0.8 on right (right is within spec, left is not)
Castor is 0.2 on left and 0.1 on right (not in spec due to leveling kit)
Toe was changed to land within specs but now my steering wheel isn't straight going down the highway.
I think I should just take the truck to someone who knows what there doing and wants it as perfect as I do.

Suggestions?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep.. not rocket science here. Call dealers I guess and see who is familiar with aligning lifted trucks. Try calling Chris at OK tire in Stony he will get it going for you

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toe should not have changed with leveling kit, adjustable track bar or drop bracket to Center axle, adjust draglink to Center steering wheel, the rest is what it is due to leveling kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidoo6100

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

To fix the castor you have to buy the shims? How do you fix the camber on a solid front axle truck?
I've read that the castor being out of spec contributes to bump steer.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YOU NEED TO TAKE THE VEHICLE TO ANYONE BUT THE DEALER.... I THINK CHRISCO OUT THERE IN STONY PLAIN, DOES A GOOD ALIGNMENT....
HERE'S THE SPECS IF YOU NEED:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Keep in mind, most lift kits give you their own alignment specs that they recomend.... Every angle is adjustable to some extent, and if more there are offset balljoints available and offset bushings....

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the fords there is no castor adjustment due to the radius arms design, but you can also get radios arm drop brackets to get castor back to spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adjustable Offset ball joints

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
X2 on what Summitric said. A set of Adjustable offset upper ball joints (and a decent tech on an alignment rack) will correct both camber and castor. If you leave it as is, you will have accelerated tire wear, and I'm guessing the vehicle leads to the right a bit. Low caster angles will affect vehicle stability at highway speeds, too much will give you a wobble. My advice? Spend the $$$ up front and save money in the long run.

Top Bottom