3000lbs winch mount

_Stevo_

Reaction score
Warn 3000lbs with synthetic rope and wireless remote on an 07 Can-am Renegade 800.

Attachments

• Quad pics 019.jpg
    Quad pics 019.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Quad pics 020.jpg
    Quad pics 020.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 84

Zipp

Reaction score
What is the story on that synthetic rope? Is it worth it? Does it last longer?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have the same thing, great product. Love the nylon rope, it seems to find its own way back on the spool with no issues like a metal line. BUT I went and bought a sling at Princess Auto to wrap around quads and trees. This will make the winch cable last long. Thanks _stevo_ for the great bumper.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking set-up Stevo!
I have herd lots of good and bad reviews of the nylon rope. I like the fact that you don't get the burs in your hands is awesome. I would be concerned of the cord style when pull off center though. The kink factor... is what I'm thinking of. I am relating to myself, when the winch is set out on a recovery its usually cuz someone, mostly myself is balls deep in the worst environment..... Skeg got to love it, but 9 times out of 10 the anchor point is usually not in the front.... I would be concerned of pinching it... I'm sure that others would have better insight on this than myself......:beer::d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

but 9 times out of 10 the anchor point is usually not in the front.... I would be concerned of pinching it... I'm sure that others would have better insight on this than myself......:beer::d
I found that I got kinks and pinched my wire rope and have now got rid of this issue with this nylon rope. I was iffy myself when I bought this product and after having one and pulling myself and several others out am more sold on the nylon and would not go back. The winch comes with the fairlead for the front automatically you dont use it without. I don't think Warn would produce something without some serious testing. I think this is worth another thread, Warn Synthetic rope vrs wire..:d

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That Gade looks sweet with that setup, good job.

Are you able just to buy the rope and put it on the winch? Would you have to replace the fair lead? due to nicks and stuff from the burs on the steel cable? that could fray the rope?

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Gade looks sweet with that setup, good job.

Are you able just to buy the rope and put it on the winch? Would you have to replace the fair lead? due to nicks and stuff from the burs on the steel cable? that could fray the rope?

YES, the synthetic rope is available on it's own.
As far as the Fair Lead....If nicked badly, wouldn't hurt to look at a replacement...Your Call.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ummm you are not supposed to run a roller fairlead with synthetic line because it can pinch and break it they are to be run with an aluminum hawse fairlead only...google it:d:beer:

here is a pic of one

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ummm you are not supposed to run a roller fairlead with synthetic line

Hmmm:confused: My 3000XT warn winch package came with the Winch, Roller Fairlead and Synthetic line. If there was this issue I would think Warn would know. Less friction with the rollers than just dragging it accross something. I would think this is the opposite.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hmmm:confused: My 3000XT warn winch package came with the Winch, Roller Fairlead and Synthetic line. If there was this issue I would think Warn would know. Less friction with the rollers than just dragging it accross something. I would think this is the opposite.

Hmmm I see the atv winches with synthetic come with rollers, from what I read in 4wheel and off road they say you always have to run a hawse maybe thats just for the bigger winches...I googled it for atv and people are all over the map what to use

gadeguy

Reaction score
i guess when your done a weekend of riding and using your synthetic rope your supposed to unwind it and let it dry out. or if it is left wet and wound up it will rot and then it will break. just thought i would let everyone know as this was a experience a very good friend of mine had with his winch on his RZR.

Top Bottom