3" Track on 1100 turbo

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the 3" on my 800, but I've read up a lot of reviews from guys who actually run them and beat the piss out of them, guys like maxwell, they all say its nice to have the 3" when it's reallllll deep, but they have trouble keeping the lugs together when the conditions aren't right. So I went with a 2.5" camo extreme and I am very happy with it. 1100miles this past season and it still looks brand new, and it's a huge improvement over the powerflicker the cats come with nowadays. If u insist on running a 3" anyways, fine, different strokes for different folks, I believe I seen an ad on here somewhere from mountain magic taking orders for a new 162x3"x15" as they only make them in 16" wide up to this point. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a knife to my brand new track to cut it up if u ordered the 16" wide, might as well get the 2.5 and be done with it! That's my .02$ worth!

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" seem to be more condition specific but people that have then usually like them. the 2.5 camo seems to be the most popular upgrade out there. and i agree with not cutting new track, something about cutting fibreglass with a table saw... imo

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't be scared to cut. 3" is awesome in deep snow, not so awesome on icy or high speed trails

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of the new 15 wides in 162 & 174.
I also ordered some 156 x 16 with the 3 ".
Let me know if you want one.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 400 miles on a 3 inch cut down to 15 wide running 13 lbs boost on an m8 race gas with zero issue, i drive slower on the trail with all my sleds but ran the sled in some very packed conditions .... I liked it so much I ordered the new 15 wide version for my NA m1000.....

My thoughts, everyone is worried about a few lugs after 1200 miles .... Well how often after 1200 miles don't you sink 1500 bucks into your sled for repairs or add ons anyway, that's just my thoughts the track is wicked and I won't use anything else ....

Top Bottom