3" Track Info Needed

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any high speed stuff with a 3" on 7T drivers and you can expect to start losing paddles. That is a lot of inertia swinging 180 degrees around the front drivers at 60 mph. Just be aware you might not get a warranty with the 3" track on smaller drivers. As mentioned, I can't imagine the front end will stay down on you with a 3" unless you go to a coupled skid.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any high speed stuff with a 3" on 7T drivers and you can expect to start losing paddles. That is a lot of inertia swinging 180 degrees around the front drivers at 60 mph. Just be aware you might not get a warranty with the 3" track on smaller drivers. As mentioned, I can't imagine the front end will stay down on you with a 3" unless you go to a coupled skid.

Just have to run the track pretty tight and it will be fine, yes coupled skid highly recommended

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Try Robbie at Avid Drivers...that's where I got mine. I actually run my track fairly loose and have had no issues so far. I've only got one season on it, but so far so good.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I run a 156 x 3 on my turbo xm. 3500 kms last and it was flawless. just did the drivers and notched the adjustment slot back another 3/8" and good to go. still have room to adjust when needed. no lost paddles. front end is a little light but man is it fun. you will not be disappointed. don't get talked into spending a bunch of money you don't have to either. gearing is reduced with 7 tooth drivers so all is taken care of.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for feedback on the newer challanger 3" track.?? or are all of you guys running the older 9115 track with the full width paddles? I cant seem to find the old track anymore so im stuck with the new one...

New one works awesome, and is considerably lighter. You want the new one

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new compared to the old one is no comparison on set up/harder pack snow, in the fluffy stuff they are nearly the same just more trenching from the less wide lugs/track on my xm anyway. Reason for the less performance in the other conditions is the lugs on the new camo are very soft and fold like brooms under accel and braking were as the old one is quite stiff so works well in those conditions "for its lug height". I didnt notice any difference in weight between the two when they were on the sled either just on the scale before install, just my thoughts though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom