3" Track Info Needed

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a 3" track on my '08 XP 154". I'm thinking powder Extreme or something else where the paddles come to the edge of the track. Any ideas who carries these?

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you going to get a track longer then 154 and the challenger extreme is supposed to be good but I think you can only get the 3 inch paddles with a 163 or bigger

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a 156X3 that would be the replacement for the 154. 7 tooth drivers and I would probably some bigger wheels and bobs your uncle

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you will be losing track speed unless you find magic gearing and clutching which I doubt. Changing to a 3" track could do more harm than good with the performance. 4 or 5 years ago I went from a 2" to 2.5" track. Had to find clutching that would work decent....wish I would have kept the 2" track and the track speed. :twocents:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on stretching it, I was going to drop down to smaller drivers, go back to the stock gearing to make up for the smaller drivers, and then start trying to find the right clutching weight. I may have to re-think this.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get a 156X3 that would be the replacement for the 154. 7 tooth drivers and I would probably some bigger wheels and bobs your uncle

Would the bigger idlers make up for the 2"? I'm just wondering if I would be opening a can of worms going to a longer track.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my 154 and just put my axle all the way back in the rails and it was good, so with larger wheels you'd definitely have no issues

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 156 on my summit 154 and never had to change a thing with the wheels. That 2" extra length is probably less then a 1/2" over all.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 156 on my summit 154 and never had to change a thing with the wheels. That 2" extra length is probably less then a 1/2" over all.

Smaller drivers account for a bit of extra length. But not much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smaller drivers account for a bit of extra length. But not much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Totally forgot to account for the smaller drivers.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the 3'' on my Pro with the smaller driver and dropped a tooth in my gearing and boom! Works awesome and you can sure tell the difference when ya got to slow down in tight trees and keep moving with control at the same time. Best bang for $$$ mod I ever done on my sled by far! Just my opinion, but do it, you wont regret it! Cheers

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the 3'' on my Pro with the smaller driver and dropped a tooth in my gearing and boom! Works awesome and you can sure tell the difference when ya got to slow down in tight trees and keep moving with control at the same time. Best bang for $$$ mod I ever done on my sled by far! Just my opinion, but do it, you wont regret it! Cheers

Was it hard to get the clutching dialled in?

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't change anything in my clutch, was happy with the way the sled ripped so I didn't bother touching my clutch. With the drop in teeth on the gears the RPM's ad engagement was just fine! Through the track on take it out for a few good pulls and you might not have to mess with your clutch. Just my opinion!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a 3" track on my '08 XP 154". I'm thinking powder Extreme or something else where the paddles come to the edge of the track. Any ideas who carries these?

Was just out Revy way and stopped in on Al and Pete @ the Sled Shed and their both running 3" lugs and they say its a huge diff. Sure they could answer any questions.

Top Bottom