3 sleds in a 8x16

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a snow bird 8x16 next week and was wondering if anybody has fit three sleds in one. I mostly will be hauling two but wanted to know if in a pinch could squeeze three in there. The longest is a 09 m8 162 then a 03 159 rmk and a 08 154 xp. If three fit I could toss in my back up sled for mountain trips too which would be nice but it is only a 153 99 rmk so if the other three fit it would also.

The trailer is 12ft straight wall 4ft V front and back doors.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. I had a 21 and it was a little tight. I'm thinking an 18' would be the smallest you would want.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I searched on here and saw some pics of an 18 that had three in all the same direction. they drove in the front door had two side by side at the back and the third up the middle with the snow flap in the V. I thought that if I turned it around and had one forwards in the V and two backwards up both sides it might go. I was tring to measure it out last night in the garage and it might but would be really tight so I wont know till I get the trailer to look at.

Next tuesday it will be here so I can take it for a test tow lol so i will know for sure then but i may need a bud to bring his sled so we could test fit it.

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've got a 20' and i easily put 3 163 XP's in there, two up front ( skis toward V )and the third one in backward ( skis toward rear ) and there is plenty of room. 3 hockey bags,12 dz miller chill. plus 4 or 5, 20L jerry cans, two 20lb propane tanks and a honda 2000 generator

it may be tight but it should be doable

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm they will or won't from experience? The suspense is killing me. Lol

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did and had to put one forward pull the other two in backward.
Didn't really matter the length we had 2 154's and a 163 width was more of the problem.
It fit but they rubbed so we made a wood block to lift the rear of the forward sled up about 10 inches.
Was do-able but in the end we sold it to get a bigger trailer.

Oh yah same trailer a snowbird 12' box, 4' V

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did and had to put one forward pull the other two in backward.
Didn't really matter the length we had 2 154's and a 163 width was more of the problem.
It fit but they rubbed so we made a wood block to lift the rear of the forward sled up about 10 inches.
Was do-able but in the end we sold it to get a bigger trailer.

Oh yah same trailer a snowbird 12' box, 4' V

Cool thanks that is what I needed to know in a pinch it will work.

farm2sled

Reaction score
flabba's not chittin ya, it works I do it all the time. You need to have a spare tire or wood block to set the center sled track on so it doesnt rub the hoods on the outside ones. A tarp strap for the mudflap on the center one helps too. It works good, I have a long hitch on mine so we can put one in the back of the truck as well, takes a bit longer to load but its one "h" of allot better driving on crappy roads when you have a small single axle with some weight in your truck rather than a 30ft sail on 4 lightly weighted wheels!!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they are tunnel to tunnel how does it rub the hood?

The one I'm looking at is a tandem axle which I prefer but I will be towing it with a half ton so I will be picking up tire chains just in case.

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they are tunnel to tunnel how does it rub the hood?

The one I'm looking at is a tandem axle which I prefer but I will be towing it with a half ton so I will be picking up tire chains just in case.

What he's talking about is the back end of the front loaded sled is near the side panels/hood of the two rear loaded ones.
It will all make sense the first time you load them. I never thought of the spare but that would work too. I made a wood block to hold the rear faced sleds apart as well as hold the front faced sled up.
I wish I had a pic it worked good!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he's talking about is the back end of the front loaded sled is near the side panels/hood of the two rear loaded ones.
It will all make sense the first time you load them. I never thought of the spare but that would work too. I made a wood block to hold the rear faced sleds apart as well as hold the front faced sled up.
I wish I had a pic it worked good!

Oh I get it now. Cool I like the spare tire idea as it needs to be there anyway. Thanks guys I will post pics next week.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He just called and now that he is out at his rec property looking at it it may be an 8x18. Lol even better three should be easy now.

So does 7500 sound like a decent price? It is a 2011 in show room condition it was taken out to bc and basically used three time to go 12 km round trip and now being brought back to Edmonton. Never had a ski touch the floor as he used these ski skin things under the sled skis.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and check to see if its not stolen!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta cover your ass nowadays, especially outta province deals! Get the vin and check it out! Make sure vins match up if you actually purchase the trailer....

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta cover your ass nowadays, especially outta province deals! Get the vin and check it out! Make sure vins match up if you actually purchase the trailer....

Lol too funny so are you saying that is a good price? It is 10k for a new one so we figured 7500 was fair.

It is my brothers trailer thats why I know the history. He just bought a commander with tracks and needs one with more height.

Good looking out tho thx

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steel it a snow bird tandem axle with the checker plate on the outside and plywood on the bottom of the wall on the inside 12v lights man door with step and fuel door on opposite side.

Top Bottom