3 post to 4 post

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When switching from a 3 post clutch to a 4 post, how do you figure out what weights to start with? (switching 3 post with 83gr to a 4 post with ?gr)

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total amount of weight divided by number of weights.

Not exactly true. Comet Industries has a calculation to use on thier website. I'll venture that if you are running 83g now and are happy with it, then a set of 69's should do the trick.

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my husband and I use this computer and I guess I had not logged off, as he actually replied to this, but it was under my ID. He gave the simple version, which is a good starting point. It all depends upon the clutch, the type of weights, profile of the weights, and many other factors. You can also go with 2 heavier and 2 lighter weights. Going to a 4 post, you increase your tuning options. Personally, there are enough tuning options without going to a 4 post.

It has been nice being friends with someone that works at DynoJet on the sled Dyno. Long days and lots of testing.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you could get lucky when you phone manufacturer, and have them dynoing same setup, and get thier setup.

extremleyfastmax4

Reaction score
on my vmax4 866 bigbore 4 post aeen rooler i,m starting with 54 grams and thats the amount i work with on 3 post button clutch, it could be a tade heavy but i can lighten them if needed AL

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my vmax4 866 bigbore 4 post aeen rooler i,m starting with 54 grams and thats the amount i work with on 3 post button clutch, it could be a tade heavy but i can lighten them if needed AL

You are going to be waaaaay to heavy. You need to multiply 54 times 3 and then divide that # by 4 - you will be down at around the 42 gram range (40.5 by my math) and then add 1.5 - 2 grams.

Top Bottom