3 place sled deck

wkemble

Reaction score
Hi im looking for any one with any experince with putting 3 sleds on a deck. I have a marathon deck and would like modify or add to it to get the third sled on it. Drive a one ton dually so the truck is not a problem.

Walt

Bugs

Reaction score
Put the 2 outside sleds on forward and the 3rd one down the middle backwars. When I get home tonight I will see if I can find the pic of when I haul 3 on my deck.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi im looking for any one with any experince with putting 3 sleds on a deck. I have a marathon deck and would like modify or add to it to get the third sled on it. Drive a one ton dually so the truck is not a problem.

Walt

I can't imagine that they are engineered for that kind of load past the rear end (edit: deck is rated for 2000 lbs), built out of aluminum, not 1/4" wall schedule 80 pipe. I'm guessing you would have to add length since its almost impossible to stay within width regs with 3 sleds, which means there would be some serious downforce on the end of the deck past the rear bumper. You'd have to have some big drop supports at least and I'd be scared of the front of the deck pulling loose from the truck box as well. The truck would handle the total weight but I don't think "modifying" the deck is the best solution.

Buy a trailer instead.

Last edited:

wkemble

Reaction score
I found this video clip on you tube. this is close to what i was thinking of. With a normal marathon deck you would need to biuld a platform for the front of the sled to go up on the headach rack of the deck and a removable stand to hold up the back of the sled.

wkemble

Reaction score
here is the video clip
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeYKjvpjKs[/media]

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the video clip
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeYKjvpjKs[/media]

Cool idea....but i can tell you the Valemount Police would have a hayday with you......friggin coppers!!!!! Not targeted my azz!!!

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL that works slick as hell but the center of gravity on that truck has to be very high.

Not to mention the crazy wind resistance you'd get with that third sled up there, wow... don't go under low bridges !!!

Sled Deck and 2 Place open deck is your best bet, most of the time u can drive onto the trailer then onto the truck reducing your ramp angle which makes loading a bit easier :)

Gl with that though :p

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a guy in town that had (or has) a three place deck for his dually, His wife is sledgirl on this site.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL that works slick as hell but the center of gravity on that truck has to be very high.

cant be any higher than some of the "HOUSE" campers that hve two slide out and are like 14 feet long and 8 feet tall.......I did build a 1 ton duelly crew cab that hauled 6 sleds years ago.......two went over the cab and then it sloped down to the ground........so 4 sleds fit on there but they were no 162 long tracks........they were all 98 136 summits...... deck was all Alum and looked very cool.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen one or mabe it was a 14 foot single axle skidoo trailer with 3 on it....
one in the center straight, then 2 on either side backwords.....

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a dually which had two sleds on a platform above the cab and then two sleds on the truckbox deck. The overcab platform was supported down to the front of the truck sort of like the commercial car hauler trucks. You might be better off doing something like that rather than overloading the deck. I watched them load and it worked well.

Edit: Maybe it was overkill's rig.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant be any higher than some of the "HOUSE" campers that hve two slide out and are like 14 feet long and 8 feet tall.......

yeah, good point there, I was thinking high CG on the truck in the vid specifically, because its not a dually. This guy (kemble) has a dually so the stance is also that much wider.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used to put 3 136'ers on my deck all the time, middle one backwards windshield off. Single cab was cozy riding gear and gas jammed in wherever and a flat of beer on our laps..........Ah the good old days!!!!!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant be any higher than some of the "HOUSE" campers that hve two slide out and are like 14 feet long and 8 feet tall.......I did build a 1 ton duelly crew cab that hauled 6 sleds years ago.......two went over the cab and then it sloped down to the ground........so 4 sleds fit on there but they were no 162 long tracks........they were all 98 136 summits...... deck was all Alum and looked very cool.

any pics ???

knizer8hun

Reaction score

Walt

2 weeks ago I saw a guy from Saskatchewan here in Cochrane. He had a 1 ton with a custom steel deck, third sled up above with skis basically up over the roof on supports. The track was supported by a steel chassis ( hard to describe ) but this was a slick unit. we passed him last week near Rev'y.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just stop for abit and think of what that does for fuel mileage, a deck with two is bad enough when they are kinda behind the cab a bit, but putting one right over the cab wow
could pay for a trailer really fast on saved gas imo. would be hard for spring riding areas with a trailer though. i guess.

Top Bottom