3" Flex-Edge for the 2013 Ski-Doo.... WHO WANTS IT!!!!??????

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and 3 year bumper to bumper warranty so it don't matter if you brake something as long as you are nice to your dealer then they will take care off you or charge you money if your a freak show.

Warranty doesn't help when a track is laid out behind your sled like a carpet 50km into the back country! Unless they have a helicopter clause in there somewhere ha ha!!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been running a 3" myself this season and another rider in our group has been for 2 seasons now... 3" is not for everyone, very purpose built. I love mine personnally for the riding i do and wanting to go larger next season. Durability we have not had any issues yet. Personnally if i had a 2013 on order, i would be in no hurry to get a 3", see what the new sled can do first. most people wont really utilize a 3" to its full potential or only really require that much lug 2 or 3 times out of a season, if i was in this boat it isnt worth the hassle.

sledxp

Reaction score
Warranty doesn't help when a track is laid out behind your sled like a carpet 50km into the back country! Unless they have a helicopter clause in there somewhere ha ha!!
track is the same except the rods on the sides of it so it should not break.
i doubt it just make sure you always have a heli number with you at all times but for something like a track breaking i would want heli compensation and would keep calling brp until they send me a cheque and they would! i blew a engine last season (thermostat seized) i was lucky just made it back to the 30km logging for the fun ride of getting pulled back to the truck. new motor not rebuilt in 3 days :)

m7 carver

Reaction score
3" track blows keep the flex edge. 3" track is fun but we destroyed all 3 of ours this year so its not worth the coin and pain in the butt changing it out every year. Its not THAT good or else I may consider it. Don't worry about durabilty with the flex edge. Hasn't been a problem for the test riders and those were only prototypes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
So your saying your 3 inch track didnt hold up? What happened?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just my experience with the 3 we ran. All about 2000 km and each lost 2-3 lugs. But we started early season and ended late so I suppose we put them through the ringer. The 4th sled I installed one on didn't lose any lugs. I think maybe the key is running 2 sets of scratchers. My theory is the clips heating up bad on long trails and delaminating the track.
I've had my 2.5 for 3 seasons now and all I'm misssing is the corner of 1 lug in 5000k.I actually thought I would have needed to replace it by now. And I have absolutely abused that track so I'm gona stick with it for another season or two.

Last edited:

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a stick through a lug on my 2.5 camo extreame frist Day! and lost 1/2 a lug in the first season.....I had the pleasure of taking out a 2013XM bymyself for a day and It had a 900km on it. the track looked like new still, so my theory is if u treat ur track like chit it will wear out faster lol! by the way loved the XM it was the frist sled that I felt would truly go anywhere!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
3" track blows keep the flex edge. 3" track is fun but we destroyed all 3 of ours this year so its not worth the coin and pain in the butt changing it out every year. Its not THAT good or else I may consider it. Don't worry about durabilty with the flex edge. Hasn't been a problem for the test riders and those were only prototypes.

So... The other night when I told you to order me 3 of those tracks... And you said ok cool... What you MEANT was "they are going to explode... You are stupid"

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I don't need help embarrassing myself. Him being able to put his 2010 power tek with a 2.5 in much cooler spots than I can put my 3" e-tech is embarrassing enough

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I don't need help embarrassing myself. Him being able to put his 2010 power tek with a 2.5 in much cooler spots than I can put my 3" e-tech is embarrassing enough

You simply need to stop wearing a skirt "Alice". It's sledding not a fashion show.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just gonna stick with the skidoo track...it will be far superior to what i rode before..maybe next yr they will have a 3" flex edge..I guess BRP has this track on lockdown with camoplast .

Top Bottom