3" Flex-Edge for the 2013 Ski-Doo.... WHO WANTS IT!!!!??????

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.... Ive had lots of people tell me to go right up to the 3" track with the "T-Motion" Skid..... BUT you lose the Flex Edge..... Anyone hear or know of any possible interest in a 3" Flex-Edge for the 2013???? OR even possible Prototypes out there???

Ive also been told to take a zip-cut and hack the first 2" on each side of the 3" to "make you own" Flex edge.....:confused:

Seems kinda silly to get the sled, get used to the Flex Edge, then in a couple months (Or even the next season) get the 3" and lose the Flex-Edge, and learn the characteristics of the sled all over again.....

Just curious is all...... Ill probably wait a year and see what the Stock Track does..... But the 3" will make it unstoppable (in my eyes)....

ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flex-edge sounds really good on paper but I'm curious who the first person(s) will be who rip that track open on a rock/stump etc. I wonder how much weaker it is because of the flexibility? Time will tell. :D Still looking forward to seeing them in action this season!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flex-edge sounds really good on paper but I'm curious who the first person(s) will be who rip that track open on a rock/stump etc. I wonder how much weaker it is because of the flexibility? Time will tell. :D Still looking forward to seeing them in action this season!

ya good question,,,, did anyone run the new track yet?

I heard all the demo sleds were all ported camo tracks? not even the new non ported?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya good question,,,, did anyone run the new track yet?

I heard all the demo sleds were all ported camo tracks? not even the new non ported?
The new track will climb better than the demo tracks and have more durability. No doom and gloom here boys! Lol.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new track will climb better than the demo tracks and have more durability. No doom and gloom here boys! Lol.

ya should be all good but remember in 07 the rev had the option for the challenger track and I bought used so I got that track,, it was like a chain saw hahahha but it sure looked mean and worked great on hard pack

but I am sure we are fine this time fingers, toes and arms crossed hahah just kidding

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love this........... wait till all the Poo, Cat, Yammy guy's see this thread. LOL
I did start and have had many Doo's, still love and miss my 04 HME. I hope this track turns out to be all of this and the bag of chips, for you all new owners :beer: :beer: :D

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya should be all good but remember in 07 the rev had the option for the challenger track and I bought used so I got that track,, it was like a chain saw hahahha but it sure looked mean and worked great on hard pack

but I am sure we are fine this time fingers, toes and arms crossed hahah just kidding
This track is the Powdermax with out reinfocing rods at the ends. No Challenger Lite here. HaHa.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" track blows keep the flex edge. 3" track is fun but we destroyed all 3 of ours this year so its not worth the coin and pain in the butt changing it out every year. Its not THAT good or else I may consider it. Don't worry about durabilty with the flex edge. Hasn't been a problem for the test riders and those were only prototypes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" track blows keep the flex edge. 3" track is fun but we destroyed all 3 of ours this year so its not worth the coin and pain in the butt changing it out every year. Its not THAT good or else I may consider it. Don't worry about durabilty with the flex edge. Hasn't been a problem for the test riders and those were only prototypes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Good to know Maxwell Thanks...... Just about had a salesman convince me into it... ;)

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds aren't even here yet and the doo faithful are already worried about busting tracks and climbing abilities and wanting to spend an extra ton of coin on a 3"..... Hehehehehehehe I love it. I just hope you don't end up with a "XM issues and concerns" thread as long as our proclimbs thread was.... I'd almost feel bad for ya's! Haha

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds aren't even here yet and the doo faithful are already worried about busting tracks and climbing abilities and wanting to spend an extra ton of coin on a 3"..... Hehehehehehehe I love it. I just hope you don't end up with a "XM issues and concerns" thread as long as our proclimbs thread was.... I'd almost feel bad for ya's! Haha

not to worry. since 2008 brp has a much better testing program to limit issues like the release of the xp in 2008. and the proclimbs faceplant in 2011. i see zero issues with the new xm other than the odd thing here and there that is to be expected from any 2 stroke performance machine. its based on the proven xp and etec platform so it isnt ground up new.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wonder how long that t-motion is gonna hold up. It would suck to snap that way back somewhere.

sledxp

Reaction score
I really wonder how long that t-motion is gonna hold up. It would suck to snap that way back somewhere.
there is over 2000km on the demo that i took out for 2 times this summer (super hard packed) and t-motion is working great and the track is mint also. i don't get why someone would even be worried these sleds been tested by the best riders around in sicamouse and revy for a full season and these guys ride hard! and 3 year bumper to bumper warranty so it don't matter if you brake something as long as you are nice to your dealer then they will take care off you or charge you money if your a freak show.

sledxp

Reaction score
check out mine and jon jeans videos to see how they handle in hard pack and we had to ride a bit of rock, no damage.

sledxp

Reaction score
Just wondering.... Ive had lots of people tell me to go right up to the 3" track with the "T-Motion" Skid..... BUT you lose the Flex Edge..... Anyone hear or know of any possible interest in a 3" Flex-Edge for the 2013???? OR even possible Prototypes out there???

Ive also been told to take a zip-cut and hack the first 2" on each side of the 3" to "make you own" Flex edge.....:confused:

Seems kinda silly to get the sled, get used to the Flex Edge, then in a couple months (Or even the next season) get the 3" and lose the Flex-Edge, and learn the characteristics of the sled all over again.....

Just curious is all...... Ill probably wait a year and see what the Stock Track does..... But the 3" will make it unstoppable (in my eyes)....

ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no need for it unless you run a turbo and this new 154 outclimbs my 2011 163 so even if you put a 3inch i think the new stock track would get you higher because its glued to the snow all the time

Top Bottom