3 day ride in ab.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for somewhere I can take the sxs and family, do some decent riding. Camp along the way. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head out anywhere west of Rocky Mountain House, thousands of KM's of trails and off the grid camping spots galore, if you want a campground with full services check out Out West campground, they have awesomely big sites and you can ride right from your trailer.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to stage, ride for a day, camp where you end up, and then continue riding from there? Or, are you just looking for a place where you can setup camp and ride from there for three days?

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to stage, ride for a day, camp where you end up, and then continue riding from there? Or, are you just looking for a place where you can setup camp and ride from there for three days?

Stage. Ride. Camp along the way.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stage. Ride. Camp along the way.

West of Rocky Mountain House is excellent and there's a number of things to see.

You could try Grave Flats / Cadomine area. There's actaully a makeshift horse coral where you could set up camp at the end of the South Esk Trail. Some people ride in and camp newar Ruby Falls. I bet you could even setup camp at the end of the trail in Box Canyon by the falls. Thery'd be some good hikes from there too.

Then there's lots along the Crowsnest pass as well. I'm not overly familiar with this area but I've been out to Dutch Creek a few times and the trails are beautiful, endless, and dry. It's real easy to put on 100km+ a day out there.

However, if you're by yourself with only the single side by side, I'd probably recommend something tame and less remote like the Iron Horse Trail.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West of Rocky Mountain House is excellent and there's a number of things to see.

You could try Grave Flats / Cadomine area. There's actaully a makeshift horse coral where you could set up camp at the end of the South Esk Trail. Some people ride in and camp newar Ruby Falls. I bet you could even setup camp at the end of the trail in Box Canyon by the falls. Thery'd be some good hikes from there too.

Then there's lots along the Crowsnest pass as well. I'm not overly familiar with this area but I've been out to Dutch Creek a few times and the trails are beautiful, endless, and dry. It's real easy to put on 100km+ a day out there.

However, if you're by yourself with only the single side by side, I'd probably recommend something tame and less remote like the Iron Horse Trail.

Be 3 sxs's and a few quads.

Top Bottom