29.5 Outlaws?

Focal

Reaction score
I just got a great deal on some tires, but im not sure if they're good all-around tire. They are 29.5 Outlaws on my 09 Rene 800X, and I was wondering what else I should do for MODs to get the most power out of them.

weldor

Reaction score
Not a great all around tire but will work extremely good in the mud (I'm sure you probably guessed this!!!) Do you have a clutch kit??? I've got a Dalton in mine and my 28's. Probably the best mod if you add big heavy tires!!

Focal

Reaction score
So far they work pretty well in the snow, Nope no clutch kit yet. I also want a snorkel, pipe and chip, but cant find a chip for the 09's yet.

weldor

Reaction score
I built my own snorkel for the intake, and belt intake and exhaust. It's pretty easy to do, I used some black ABS pipe, shop vac hose, and some exhaust tubing.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
work good in mud and muskeg.

Really suck in rocky terrain as they grab and through you in the wrong direction

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha not funny ....... you should look at getting some gorrilla axels too when you break your stock ones...... and maybe practice throttle controle, or your going to blow things to pices... awsome tires though..

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you get them at? i want to get some for my 800 before spring. i priced them out at rec tech. they are awesome in the mud, which is what most of my riding is.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i put the 29.5s on almost a yr ago on my rene and have 2 other sets of tires laying around. i thought at 1st i would be swapping out tires but for a 'pure mud' tire they dont ride that bad on the trails. im still able to chased sport bikes up and down the trail.

clutch kit would be your next investment and a smart 1. For the couple the $200 you spend on a clutch kit you will save the $1xx on a belt.... so its totally worth it. raise your engagement and gain that torquey bottom end. you dont loose top end as bad with these tires/clutch as your think. it was close with me and a similar setup rene with smaller tires

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try rapid revolution in edmonton, red line power sports in grande parie. those are the only 2 place that in no not to may people carry the outlaws. i think rapid would be your best bet.:beer:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you get them at? i want to get some for my 800 before spring. i priced them out at rec tech. they are awesome in the mud, which is what most of my riding is.

Seen them at Glens Small Engine! I picked up a set of 4 rims and tires for just over $ 900 with taxes in! (ITP) Sweet ! Only went with 26" to start with but it looks like he can get almost anything! Worth a shot for sure.!

Rec Tech is on HWY 16, west of Border City RV (Yamaha)

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no guys bout $915 taxes in, ITP rims, 26" ITP Mudlites, Chrome Lugs. Everywhere else I checked was between $1050 & 1150 for same package. Not to say he'll be the cheapest on the outlaws, but I did see a set of 4 in there when I picked mine up! (28" on ITP rims) Also had Mudzilla's on rims at that time too! My guess is the ITP package was on sale from the ITP dealer?

Here's the number to Glen's...for those who want to check.
1-306-825-3100

Sorry for any mix-ups!!...:cool:

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Top Bottom