2500 hd leaf addition

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it better to just add a leaf to level it out a bit with the 5th on or anybody have other sugestions,thanks guys...

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will loose the ride , look at installing air bags , keep the ride and adjust as required

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does the airbag work?

just mounts above the rear springs and you can mount an on board air compressor or run your air lines to the rear bumper and you fill from there , you inflate air bags so your truck sits level depending on the load you are hauling , you can buy a kit that is specific to your truck

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks i will look into those.
I also have a 2500HD that's starting to sag with the weight, I'm just going to the local spring shop to have the spring pack re-arched. Did that to my '98 GM after it started to sag as well, raised the rear without having to add a leaf or spending a bunch of money on an air bag kit. Does not alter empty ride characteristics either. If you pull the springs yourself, it's pretty cheap to do.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know if is worn springs,my 5th wheel has a 1400lb pin wieght,and it dosent sag with a sled in the back.what about those hollow rubber kits?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2002 im just would like a liile more level ride with the 5th wheel,it can handle the wieght fine but does sag.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be weak springs , would assume it sits good empty , never used blocks before but have tried everything else , from overrides , rearching , add a leaf and air bags , air bags by far the most bang for the buck

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Like said before if you add a leaf then it will sit higher empty.Which will screw up the alignment in the front wheels ,putting extra weight on the front would play with the toe in,The air bags would be the way to go.add or remove air as needed.It must be a farily big trailer

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look back a little there is a thread on air bag prices by xsyourride, local truck performance parts supplier, i would talk to him first usually the cheapest, and i've had add a leafs in one truck and well it made my chev ride like a dodge and had the timbren overloads on a work truck and still rough ride and i know quite a few guys have air bags and the love the ride/ leveling quality.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am using super springs on my truck for the exact same reason. No more sag and the ride did not change. It also does NOT ride higher in the back when no load is on the truck. Take about 45 min to install yourself. I bought mine locally (Raven Truck) I paid less then $500 for them. Have a look at them . They worked great for me. :)

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am using super springs on my truck for the exact same reason. No more sag and the ride did not change. It also does NOT ride higher in the back when no load is on the truck. Take about 45 min to install yourself. I bought mine locally (Raven Truck) I paid less then $500 for them. Have a look at them . They worked great for me. :)

have never seen those before , how long have you had them in , have you noticed any noise like a conventional after market overload spring , was going to put air bags in my truck but want to look at these first

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many choices but been around the big rigs with air bags seen what they
go through air bags are the way to go if done right!

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had them in since early fall. They make no noise at all. You are welcome to come and look at them if you would like. You can PM me for directions. I am in Nisku. :)

Top Bottom