21'' Front on a Softail

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna change my front wheel on my Heritage to a 21''. What is a good shop around Calgary to buy the wheel from and probably get them to install it too. It is gong to be a spoke wheel.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased my wheels from Custom Spoke or Wire, and Billet Mag Motorcycle Wheels | Ridewright Wheels they were great to deal with and shiped out my package in less then 2 weeks. I installed mine myself but i am sure there are lots of dealers that can install for you. Bike.JPG

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's an easy job man. Tackle it yourself. three beers including the celebratory 'I got it done' beer and you're there.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay good to know. I will be doing the install myself, I had a look at my bike and there isn't much to it. Thanks for the pic. That is the look that I am going for.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine through Alex @ WanaRyd, really easy guy to deal with. Great pricing, came with new rubber, balanced, custom spacers, and ready to install

[h=2]WanaRyd Motorcycle[/h] 1703 Savannah Hwy
Charleston, South Carolina 29407
United States

Phone:
888-926-2793
http://www.wanaryd.com/
Email:
sales@wanaryd.com

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you button things back up, make sure you tighten the nut on the left hand side before the pinch bolts. If you tighten the pinch bolts first, the axle won't clear all the way through and it will close up the legs, which will cause your suspension to not work anymore.

Pull your calipers (10mm 12 point) wrap em in a rag and hang em or the rim won't likely clear.

Measure your hubs and maybe you can reuse your spacers, provided the offset and distance between bearings is the same. If they are, leave the spacers on the side you pulled em from in order to not bugger up spacing.

you can use a floor jack on the non-kickstand side to get the front wheel off the ground. Jack up against the kickstand and the front tire will hang enough to pull the axle and get the wheel out.

anti seize on the axle when putting it back together, for pretty easy to understand reasons.

pump the brakes after you do it, or they won't work.

Sorry if i said a bunch of stuff you know, but if anything makes your life easier, its worth it.

Top Bottom